Arthur Morgan: The Sicilian Mafia Part 2

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: Dutch wants to team up and you meet the gang.

Word Count: 2900

You sat in your office, at your desk like you did most days. Your head was propped up on your hand as you dragged yourself through the paperwork that sat in front of you. This was the most boring part of you job but you took it seriously, you took every part of your job seriously but allowed yourself a healthy amount of indulgence, or you would go crazy.

Signature here, correction there, approve, send back to Vincent. So on and so forth.

The sound of your office door open made you lift your head, you knew exactly who it was. There was only one person who walked in without knocking. A smile appeared on your face as Arthur stepped into the room.

Arthur was around the manor so often these days that everyone who worked there knew who he was, and they knew that he pretty much had free range of the place. The only time that somebody will stop him is if you are in a meeting, then somebody will just tell him where he can wait for you.

"Ciao amore mio" you smiled at him, placing your pen down and leaning back in your chair.

"You look like you're working hard" Arthur smiled as he closed the door behind him.

"The work never stops, I'm afraid" you sighed as you stood from your chair, walking over to greet him properly. "So, I'm very glad to see you" you told him as you slipped your arms around his neck and lent up, pressing a light kiss to his lips. "What do I owe the visit?" you asked as his arms wrapped around your waist.

"Had some time to kill so I thought I'd stop by" Arthur's forehead rested against yours, making his hat tip up slightly. "I...uh, kinda have to talk to you about...business" he told you, his tone dropping slightly.

"Affari?" you asked, raising an eyebrow as you pulled away from the embrace. "Very well" you nodded as you turned and walked away, walking around your desk. "Go on" you encouraged with a small wave of the hand as you sat down behind your desk, then gesturing towards the chair opposite you.

Arthur chuckled to himself as he sat down opposite you. As he looked across the large desk at you, he suddenly wondered what type of people have sat in this seat before him, what other people had wanted to talk business with you.

"What do you want to talk about?" you asked.

"Trust me, I don't want to talk about it but Dutch will kill me if I don't mention it" Arthur assured you. If he had a choice, he would never even bring it up.

"Dutch? What does he want?" you asked, brow furrowing in confusion.

"A partnership, I think. He wanted me to ask about working together some time. He says we could be, uh, a 'useful asset'" Arthur quoted him, making you sigh.

"Well, tell Dutch, thank you for the offer but I'm not interested" you shook your head, making your decision quickly.

"I didn't think you would be...I mean, you basically have a whole army and we're just a small gang out criminals" Arthur chuckled, shaking his head.Of course he knew what your answer would be. You have far more power than Dutch will ever have, why would you need his help?

"You're right, I don't need a handful of men who I don't know nor trust to help me with anything. However, you shouldn't sell yourself short. I've already told you that I'd give you a job if you asked for one" you reminded him. You hated when he didn't give himself the credit that he deserved.

"Are you trying to buy me?" Arthur asked, cocking an eyebrow at you.

"I might be" you shrugged. "Maybe I will arrange a meeting with Mr Van der Linde and come to an agreement. What do you think it would cost to get him to hand you over?" you asked with a small smirk.