The Morning After

Eddie slowly woke from a deep sleep, the corner of her mouth sunk into the pillow and wet from drool. She slept like a baby. It took her a second to remeber where she was, how she got there, and what happened last night. She picked up her head wondering if jaime crashed in the bed with her or not. She was so tired last night she hardly remembers what happened, except for that kiss.

She sees the clock it reads 7:46am. She gets herself up and heads to the bathroom to change herself and pee. She washes her hands and splashed some water on her face to get rid of dry drool and eye crusts. She walks back out to the bedroom and smells pancakes and is immediately hungry for some. She opens the door and walks out to the kitchen area where jaimes back is toward her as he's flipping pancakes on the griddle.

He senses her presence and looks behind him. His face lighting up with excitement she was finally up.

"Good morning, I see you've been busy." she said as she sat on a stool at the kitchen island. He smiled and kept cooking.

"Eh not really, I got up at 7 so. How'd you sleep?" He asked her concerningly.

"Great! Yeah I didn't wake up at all" she said.

"Good. That was something last night huh." He told her. She kinda smiled knowing he was talking about the kiss.

" I mean does your doctor know your cramps are that bad eddie?" He asked her worried. Eddie stopped smiling like a goof as soon as she realized he wasn't talking about the kiss.

"I mean yeah I just had an appointment with my gyno last month and she looked around and never said anything was wrong" she told him trying to ease his mind so they could talk about the kiss.

"Wow. Geez...ugh. I can't imagine" He sounded.

"Don't worry about me Reagan." She said and tried to change the subject by grabbing an empty coffee cup and then getting up to pour herself a cup.

"Oh sorry, here sit, don't. I'll get it. I'm hosting this breakfast. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you miss.janko" he said smiling as he put the last pancakes on a plate with the rest and set them aside ready to eat. She looked at him smiling taking a sip of her coffee and setting down.

"Alright Gordon Ramsey." She tucked her hair behind her ear and then interlocked her fingers and set them on the counter. She batted her eyes back to jaimes who was still looking at her waiting for her to speak. She cocked her head like he should know what she wants to talk about. He let out an air laugh when he said "what" he was playing dumb. He stopped looking at eddie and focused on his plate of pancakes instead. He couldn't handle the awkward.

"For Pete's sake jaime! The kiss last night, your feelings!" She blurted out, frustrated he didn't catch on or want to. He swallowed hard. Thinking about what he wanted to say.

"Look. Uh. I don't know what it means Eddie. It's so hard-" he started to say but she cut him off.

"What's hard about it? I like you, you like me

"What's hard about it? I like you, you like me. We kissed. I'm asking you what's next." She got a little fired up. He was taken back.

"Woah. If you'd listen for a second." He said.

"Huh. Sorry. What were you saying Reagan" she said bringing herself back.

"He bend over and rested his forearms on the counter looking at eddie and taking her hand into his" he looked deep into her eyes and took in a deep breath.

"I wanna pursue you. I want to learn your heart and your mind and I want us." He spilled out. She blushed. He smiled and then said

"I just don't know how this is gonna work being in the job we're in" he expressed.

"If only feelings had an off switch" she laughed and said. He shook his head yes and took a bite of his pancakes. She followed.

"We can just sneak around and hope the boss doesn't find out." She said.

"I don't know... it was just the other day he had me in his office making sure I knew that if we had any type of romantic relationship going on we'd be transferred to separate precincts and assigned new partners" he told her. She was shocked he was already told this from the boss. She had no idea.

"I think we're meant to be but doing it all wrong. I don't want to get transferred before we even give it a shot." She expressed. He swallowed his pancake and stood up. He walked around to Eddie and put his hands on her shoulders. She put her right hand on top of his left. And traced her thumb over the back of his palm. He put his head next to hers and whispered in his ear.

"Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to smile for no reason" he kissed her head behind her ear. He made her blush like a teenager and her first crush. What was wrong with her. She's dated before. She's 26 years old. God. He got off her and went back to his plate and took a sip of his coffee and ate his pancakes she picked up her fork and did the same.