Thanksgiving

It was Thursday, Thanksgiving day, they were eating at 3. Eddie couldn't wait to pig out, she was always hungry for whatever food was available but she's been craving stuffing for days now.

Jaime took off today or else he could miss dinner but planned on working a double shift to make up for it. He'd go in late tonight and get home later in the morning. Eddie would go in at 3 on Friday so he'd get a few hours in to sleep until then because Emmalyn would be home.

"Are you excited to tell the family today?" Jaime asked when she sat down on the couch next to him to watch tv.

"Yeah I mean I'm nervous a little but I think it's just anticipation." Eddie said, Jaime put his arm around her.

"It'll be great." He smiled and tickled her shoulder.

"I just hope Emmalyn doesn't spill the beans before us haha" Eddie said. They told her last night at bedtime, she doesn't completely understand but she tried hard to. They waited to see what she would say when she woke up from her nap.

So far the only thing she said was, this morning during breakfast. She said "mommy is the baby still in your belly?" And Eddie explained how it was going to be in there for a long time yet. But that was it.

"I'm going to start to get ready" Eddie said and got up to head to there room.

At 2 Emmalyn had gotten up and came out of her room. She went in to see Her parents getting ready in their room.

"Oh good morning sweetie, how did you sleep?" Jaime said kneeling to give her a hug and a kiss.

"Good. Mommy?" She quickly was distracted and approached Eddie in the bathroom doing her makeup. Jaime turned around and observed what she was going to say.

"What?" She asked and bend down to kiss her on the cheek.

"Are you excited for thanksgiving?!" Eddie asked her as she was probably the most excited out of everyone.

"Yes, mommy how did the baby get in your belly?" She asked pointing to her stomach.

Eddie was surprised and at a loss for words, she glanced over Emmalyn and saw Jaime sitting on the bed, smiling at her like he's so happy it wasn't him she was asking. Eddie squinted her one eye at him, annoyed he thought this was funny.

"Um, well sweetie. When a mommy and a daddy love each other a lot they can make a baby" she said bluntly, hoping to satisfy her.

Jaime grinned and folded his hands listening. He thought this was great.

"But who put the baby in there?" She continued.

"Well technically daddy did so why don't you ask him the questions you have." Eddie smiled and sent her off to jaime. Who's face went blank, he got nervous. She looked at him and smiled. She wasn't going to let him get out of this conversation. Emmalyn turned and approached Jaime.

"Daddy how did you put a baby in mommy's belly?" She continued. Jaime just wanted to give her an answer to satisfy her so this would stop.

"Well... I love mommy so much and when that happens...a piece of daddy joins with a piece of mommy and it slowly grows into a baby in mommy's belly." He said, Eddie thought his answer was perfect and it should leave her content.

"When will the baby be done growing?" She asked. Finally an easier question he thought.

"This may, which is a few months away." He said. She stood there thinking about all of this. Jaime raising his eyebrows exchanging looks with Eddie hoping this was the end of the conversation.