Going Home

Friday may 28th

Jaime and Eddie were so ready to get out of the hospital and relax in their own home. They wheeled Eddie out to the car and Jaime carried Scarlett in the car seat next to her.

The nurse made sure they knew how the car seat went in the base and how tight the straps should be. While this may be there second kid it's their first baby. So everything was a little backwards but it was nothing they couldn't figure out.

They got in the car and drove home. Eddie was still a little sore but getting around well for someone who just had a baby.

When they got home pop was there with Emmalyn waiting for them. She spend the past 3 days with him at frank and his house. He brought her every day to visit at the hospital though. They were excited to get into normal life.

Emmalyn was super antsy to hold Scarlett again. She was sitting on the floor looking at her in the car seat as she was sleeping, she wanted to get her out.

"Okay Em just be patient daddy will get her out, come sit down with me and you can hold her

"Okay Em just be patient daddy will get her out, come sit down with me and you can hold her." Eddie said slowly sitting on the couch. Emmalyn ran over and sat next to Eddie. Jaime was so gentle when getting the baby out of the car seat. He walked her over and gently put her into Emmalyn's arms.

"Do you love her?!" Eddie asked playing with Emmalyn's hair as she was smiling so big.

"Ya." She replied smiling at jaime.

"I wanna eat somthing before she needs to eat." Eddie said looking at jaime.

"Well what would you like?" Jaime asked her, he would make whatever she wanted.

"I kinda want like bacon and pancakes." She told him smiling. He said

"You got it." And kissed her as he got up to make her what she wanted.

"Mommy she's heavy." Emmalyn said.

"Okay are you don't holding her? Can I hold her?" Eddie asked.

"Yes I want to play with my house." She said as Eddie took Scarlett from her.

"Okay sweetie you can, why don't you play out here with it?" Eddie suggested. Emmalyn was all for that idea. Eddie sat there staring at this perfect little baby she could call hers. It still was so surreal.