Welcome Home!

Saturday July 1st it's adoption day!! Jaime and Eddie took off the whole weekend to make sure it all went smoothly. Eddie took off the week, Jaime being a sergeant didn't want to take all that time off. They didn't know what to expect, they just knew it was gonna be an adjustment, for Emmalyn, Jaime and Eddie. They got dressed up and headed to the foster home. Holding hands in the car on there way, both of them were nervous but excited without a doubt.

They got to the building got inside and signed in and waited for there names to be called. 4 minutes went by and there agent came out to get them with Emmalyn. She practically ran into jaimes arms she was so happy.

The foster home had already been prepping her the last few weeks that she's going to go home with Jaime and Eddie and there going to be her new parents. They already went through the conversation about her parents being gone forever and answered all her questions so that Jamie and Eddie didn't have to deal with all of that on top of gaining a 3 year old.

"Well that was easy! Your good to go!" The agent said as she witnessed Emmalyn go to jaime with no hesitation.

"We don't have to sign anything else?" Eddie asked.

"Nope your good. Just sign her out! And we'd like to take a picture of you guys if you want in front of this wall. It's just to hang up on that wall over there" She told her pointing to the backdrop wall that said "Newly blended" in black paint. And then the other wall she pointed to was hundreds of pictures of new parents with their adopted child.

"Oh yeah of course!" Eddie said. They went and stood at the wall Jaime held her in the middle of him and Eddie and said cheese.

"That was perfect!" The agent said

"Thank you so much!" Eddie said as they walked torward the door, Jaime put Emmalyn down.

"Yes it was a pleasure. Thank you." Jaime said shaking her hand.

"No thank you!" The agent said and left them.

"Okay are you ready to see your new room and new toys?" Eddie asked her.

"Yeah!!" She yelled and started jumping up and down. Eddie put her hand out for her to grab it. They walked out to the car and got her in her car seat. She was very talkative on the way home. They got to eddies apartments and got out.

When they walked in Emmalyn walked around looking at everything and it was super cute.

"See if you can find your room sweetie" Eddie told her. She was excited and started exploring. First she went in jaime and eddies room.

"Is this my room?" She asked and they laughed.

"No keep looking" Jaime said. So she walked out and then pushed open the door to her bedroom.