Birthday and a Surprise

Sunday October 25th, today was Emmalyn's birthday she was going to be 4 years old. It was a going to be an exciting day. As Eddie came out of the bathroom and snuck quietly passed Jaime who was still sleeping like a baby, it was 5am. She shut the door quietly and walked out to the kitchen.

She turned the coffee pot on and then reached into her bra where she pulled out the pregnancy test she just took. Looking at it still in shock. It was positive. She was nervous to tell jaime but excited at the same time. She opened up the cabinet coffee cups were kept in and put it in one torward the front that Jaime would take and hopefully the police officer in him would see it. She poured herself a glass of water and and sat on the couch in silence while she waited for Jaime to get up.

It was 20 minutes later and Jaime still wasn't up but the coffee was done so she poured herself a cup and then finally heard their bedroom door open. She closed her eyes as she got nervous but couldn't help but smile she took a deep breathe. The anticipation had been killing her. Jaime came and greeted her.

"Good morning beautiful." He kissed her softly. She smiled and said good morning. She stepped back to observe him open the cabinet to get out the coffee cup.

He opened the door and stared at it comprehending what it was. He looked at eddie like he'd just seen a ghost. She smiled like a school girl.

"Whattt!?" He said smiling ear to ear. And then picked up the test to examine it more. He studied it and just was so shocked.

"What do you think?" Eddie asked him, he set it on the counter and took Eddie into his arms hugging her tight with his arms around her neck.

"I can't believe it" he said as he still held her in his arms.

"I know, crazy right?" She said as he pulled away and tilted her chin up to him smiling, she got tears in her eyes and Jaime kissed her.

"How'd it happen though we've been careful? I mean I know you aren't on the pill but like I've always pulled out, we've used condoms. so I just wanna know which time it happened." Jaime said out of curiosity.

"Yeah I have no idea but I'd imagine the doctor can give us an estimate around when if he tells us when we're due." She said.

"So are we telling everyone today or should we wait?" Jaime asked her. She said she wants to wait because she thinks it's really early but doesn't know for sure.

"And as far as telling Emmalyn I think we should wait so she doesn't let it slip, that girl likes to talk and the last thing we need is her telling her class or the family before we get the chance to." Eddie explained and Jaime 100% agreed.

"Oh my god Eddie I can't believe we're having a baby.." Jaime said trying to still process.

"Are you happy?" She asked scrunching her face unsure.

"Are you kidding me!? Come here" he grabbed her and hugged her so tight.

"I'm so happy" he continued. Eddie didn't say anything.

"Are you happy?" Jaime asked her she pulled away and looked at him like he was crazy.

"Oh I'm ecstatic!" She exclaimed and shared a sweet kiss.

"I love you." Jaime expressed holding his forehead on hers staring into her eyes with his hand wrapped in her hair.

"I love you too" she replied giving him a peck on the cheek before they let go of each other.

They poured there coffee and sat on the couch snuggled up watching tv.

Emmalyn didn't wake up until 7am. Jaime carried her out and Eddie put a candle in a waffle for her to blow out. They sang her happy birthday and she blew it out. She clapped when they clapped too. She was just too adorable.