Christmas Eve

It was Christmas Eve. Eddie originally had off for the holiday but got called in last minute. She was a little down about though because jaime was off for his religion and the fact he went to church. Eddie wasn't very religious. She grew up Christian but she isn't very active in going to church. She prays at home.

It was 5pm when she got to the streets. The whole time she was working she kept missing Jaime. She parked her car near Central Park. It was cold and she didn't want to walk. So she sat and did paperwork. As soon as she got situated a call came in.

"12 David we have a domestic disturbance at the Rockefeller center" Eddie put down her work and flicked on her lights and took off.

"12 David show me responding." It took her 2 minutes to get there. The couple was right in front of the Christmas tree. Arguing, a crowd was forming. She walked through it along with a few other officers who arrived on the scene.

"Hey you two. What's going on? It's Christmas Eve and your standing at a tourist spot let's take a walk over here." The couple didn't want to go with Eddie.

"We're lost is all. We're trying to get to st. Patrick's cathedral. He thinks it's this way and I think it's that way." The lady said. The crowd started to disperse with the help of the other cops telling them to go.  Eddie started to point them in the correct direction. When someone tapped her on her shoulder.

In her head she thought "oh my god it's too cold to be out tonight why are people out". She turned around to tell the person to wait until she was done talking with this couple.

There was jaime. Down on one knee. Holding out the most beautiful ring she's ever seen.

"Jaime!" Her mouth dropped she was so speechless. He had that cute grin. He looked nervous. Understandable.

"Edit Marie Janko. No one will work harder to make you happy or cherish your heart more then me. Will you marry me?" Jaime professed.

Her jaw still dropped, her hand went over her mouth and she started crying

"Yes a million times yes!" She said as he stood up and jumped into his arms for a hug. When they let go he took her hand. And slipped it onto her finger.

"The future Mrs. Reagan." He said to her. She was so star struck. She kissed him passionately.

"I love you" she told him. He said it back as they stood there embracing eachother.

"Wait jaime what's gonna happen when people find out!" She asked anxiously

"I took care of it don't worry. It's not gonna be a problem. However after the I do's. We can't be partners. Look I'll explain it to you in the car come on." He told her as he took her hand torward his off duty vehicle.

"Wait jaime. I'm on tour." She exclaimed.

"Janko this was a set up. Your not really on tour, that couple wasn't really arguing, and I don't have mass until mid night." He laughed and told her. She was at a loss of words but laughing at all this.

"Family dinners at 6:30 so we gotta get you changed and over there, because you are family now." He told her.

"Oh my gosh. Okay! I'm so nervous. Did they know about this?" She asked. Jaime looked at her smiling and they got in his car.

"You ask a lot of questions". he told her and sped off. 

They got back to her apartment and went straight to her closet. She was trying to hurry.

"Oh jaime I don't know what to wear, i haven't been to church in years. I have to do something with my hair too. OH and my nails I have to paint them so this ring stands out-" she rambled very flustered.

"Honey. Put on a nice dress, let your hair down and your nails are never done so don't worry about them." He calmingly told her. This was a lot all at once. She's meeting her future family with no warning.

"Huh okay. Okay." She said looking through her closet for a dress. He kissed her cheek and stood there helping pick something out.

A few minutes later she came out of the bathroom hair down, dress on. Looking gorgeous like always. And Jaime let her know. It was 6:10. They got out to the car and drove to the commissioners house. Eddie was just still feeling like this was a dream. Yesterday she was just a cop sleeping with her partner. Today she's the future police commissioners daughter in law. How crazy.

10 minutes later they got to the house. And walked in the front door. Everyone was either in the kitchen or setting the table and it was your typical family chaos.

Jaime took eddies hand and walked her to the kitchen that also connected to the dining room.

"Hey. Everyone I have an announcement to make" Jaime said. Everyone stopping what they were doing, looking at the happy couple. Most of them already knowing the announcement.

"Most if you know I had a big plan for today. Well...." he stopped. Everyone looked nervous like maybe it didn't go well.

"She said yes" he said smiling. Everyone got excited and ran to give hugs and congratulate them.

"Welcome to our family Eddie

"Welcome to our family Eddie. We're happy to have you" frank said. She was honored to be told that by him.

The food was warm and ready so they all sat down and said grace and dug in

The food was warm and ready so they all sat down and said grace and dug in. The whole family wanted to hear all about the engagement. So that's what they talked about.