Right and Wrong

Jaime and Emmalyn got to her school just before 9am. Mrs.Davenport waves from a distance to Jaime.

"Daddy I don't want to play with Luke." She told him before he kissed her goodbye.

"Then don't Em. Remember you stand up for yourself don't let someone bully you okay?!" He told her. She shook her head confidently.

"Good. Now go teach them who's boss." Jaime told her winking and then kissing her on the cheek. He hurried off, he had to stop by the precinct to finish some paperwork he needed done for today. Besides a little overtime wasn't going to kill him.

After he'd been working for about an hour he heard his wife's voice coming down the hall talking to someone. Jaime stopped to listen.

"You know that pisses me off. I'm going to her later to set her straight." Eddies voice carried. Jaime turned his chair and got up to see who she was talking to and what it was about. He watched her and Rachel walk down the hall.

"Officer Janko." He shouted down the hall at her. She turned around to see him standing in the doorway of his office.

"Yeah sarge?" She questioned and walked to him Rachel kept walking. She didn't wanna get involved.

"Can I see you for a second?" He said loud so everyone knew she wasn't getting special treatment. She was smiling.

"Ooo okay so is this where you lock the door and pull the curtains and rip off my uniform and we have sex right here right now?" She said seductively to him. He couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"No. Sorry. Um a little bit ago I overheard you talking to Rachel. What was that about?" He asked her.

"Oh. Nothing Jaime don't worry." She told him with her stomach bulging out infront of her.

"Janko I'm not playing your husband right now I'm a sergeant and I'm ordering you to tell me what that was about." Eddie was taken back.

"Huh. Douglass and them were apparently talking crap that I planned to get pregnant now so I could have the summer off." She said annoyed that Jaime had to play sergeant with her right now.

"What that's ridiculous? I'll talk to them." He told her.

"No. I can talk to them myself Jaime. I'm a big girl. Let me handle it. Your not even supposed to be here right now you think you can just show up and control everyone?" She told him and started to get up.

"Eddie." He called out wanting her to stop but she opened the door to leave. Before she walked out she turned around.

"I'll see you tonight. Sarge." She said and left.

"Huh." Jaime let out and covered his mouth in thought. He went back to the paperwork he had to finish.

It was 11:55 when Jaime realized he was going to be late getting Emmalyn and couldn't stop the paperwork he was on at the moment. He got up and found Eddie in the locker room.

"Hey I'm knee deep in paperwork can you pick up Emmalyn I'll be home soon." He said tossing her his car keys and she tossed him hers. She was still ticked at him for treating her like a child.

She got to the classroom door, most of the kids were gone already. She saw Emmalyn sitting in a chair next to Sydney's desk. She tilted her head and didn't understand why she was in a timeout maybe?

Miss. Davenport finished saying goodbye to another students parents and approached Eddie.

"Emmalyn your moms here get your stuff." She told her over her shoulder. Eddies face grew concerned and confused. Why was Emmalyn getting the cold shoulder.