Stitches

*It was one week later*

Jaime and Eddie were on patrol it was 8pm and the night was just getting started. They stopped at one of their favorite coffee shops and got coffee. Eddie wanted a scone but didn't have money so Jaime got it for her.

"Thanks Reagan." She smiled and elbowed him nicely. They got back in the car and got a call a few seconds after leaving the lot. The radio came on:

"All units I got a 10:38 in western heights I'm approaching."
It was close to were they were so they turned on there lights and went after it

"12 David show us responding" Eddie radioed. 2 minutes later they arrived and quickly realized there was a cop down and a guy fleeing the scene.

"12 David we got a 10:13 officer down, we need a bus and a 10:85 we got a runner heading north in broad torward east chesnut!" Eddie called as they started running.

The officer down was awake and alert he said

"I'm fine go go go! He had a knife!" So they took off after this guy and split up to cut him off. Jaime took the ally and the guy was coming across and he jumped right on him and he slammed to the ground.

They cuffed him and waited for a bus cause he was bleeding pretty good. Once he got put away Jaime had to get his wrist looked at. He gashed it open, Eddie waited with him.

"You know when you jumped on him I knew it was gonna happen but it still scared the shit out of me." she told him and smirked and rubbed his shoulder.

"Eddie your bleeding too" he told her and pointed to her hand.

"Oh geez I must've scraped it on the pavement when I cuffed him" she said and went to get attention from an emt. There partnership was unlike any other. They cared so much for each other. It was so much more then a partnership. They'd move mountains for each other.

The emt said both of them needed stitches so they went to the hospital together. Eddie never leaves him and vice versa. When they got there Linda was there and came to see what was going on. And when they asked why she was working this late she told them 4 people were having babies tonight and has already been here for 6 hours now so she had a long night ahead. As they sat and waited in the waiting room talking with Linda briefly, Danny came busting through the doors.

"You guys okay what's going on?" He panicked directing it torward Jaime and Eddie

"You guys okay what's going on?" He panicked directing it torward Jaime and Eddie. Jaime stood up thinking he must be confused.

"we're good why? You hear somthing over the radio?" Jaime asked.

"Yeah it was 10:13 officers down from 12 David patrolling sycamore avenue" he said freaking out.

"No no that wasn't us, relax were good idk who that would've been that's where we were" Eddie said looking at Jaime and patting Danny on the back. Jaime and Eddie got called back to get stitched up. Eddie went first because hers was worse. It actually went further up her arm then she thought and was bleeding a lot.

She had to take her gear off and her shirt fairly quickly because of the amount of blood protruding. So she sat there in her bra while the nurse took care of her cut. Jaime stood next to her but behind her more. She half wondered if he was looking at the nurses handiwork or looking at her boobs. She didn't care tho. She was confident and they kept it professional on the job. she wish she didn't have to go there but she did.

She slowly and then all of a sudden just had to look. He was looking down at her but quickly fixed his eyes on somthing else and started walking around and stretching, playing it off like he wasn't looking. She smiled to herself because it made her feel kinda good.

They we're finally finished up and the doctor left and said Eddie could get dressed again and they were free to go. Jaime nodded at her and said thanks to the doctor. She got up and got her shirt when she went to put it over her head her arm was sore and she let out a deep breathe in pain.

"Let me help you." Jaime said and he put her stuff on. His hands gently grazing her back and stomach to pull down her shirt. It made butterflies flutter in her stomach. She looked at him and fought herself to not get lost in his eyes and then snapped out of it.

"Thanks Reagan" she said and got up. He smiled at her and nodded. They walked out and signed out and then there radio went off and had to get back to patrol.