Mrs.Davenport

It was Thursday. The first Thursday jaime had to take Emmalyn to school and pick her up. They got there 10 minutes early 8:50am. Emmalyn led him to her classroom beings he didn't know where to go.

"Room 8?" He asked her pointing to the room number outside the entrance she took him to.

"Yes hi Emmalyn good morning!" A women's voice called out but it wasn't just any women's voice. Jaime knew that voice, he slept with that voice. He looked in the room as she walked over to greet them.

"Syd?" Jaime asked completely blown away as his ex fiancé stood in front of him.

"Jaime!" She said just as surprised and at a loss of words.

"I thought you went back to London and stuff?" He asked her confused because that's the reason they called off there engagement

"I thought you went back to London and stuff?" He asked her confused because that's the reason they called off there engagement. 3 years ago.

"I did and then I woke up one day and thought I'd like to be a teacher. So I went back to Harvard and got my bachelors in teaching and here I am." She explained.

"How long you've been back?"Jaime wonders.

"This is my second year teaching pre k" she said remaining all prim and proper just like she always was.

"Huh. Interesting." Jaime said not knowing what to even say he couldn't stop thinking about how Eddie has talked with this women 4 times now and goes on and on how great she is. Little does she know this is jaimes ex fiancé.

Emmalyn pulled on his hand, Jaime realizing she was still standing with him. He knelt down and looked at her.

"Okay Em, be good okay, I'll see you later alright?" Jaime said and kissed her cheek. She shook her head agreeing and went off into the room. Jaime stood back up and looked at Sydney, he was ready to leave.

"So how long have you been married?" She questioned, he cleared his throat.

"Oh yeah well we just got married in July actually" Jaime said. She gave kinda that look like "but you have a three year old".

"Emmalyn isn't ours, we adopted her back in June. Her parents were abusive and both ended up dying so we took her in and here we are." Jaime told her.

"Oh wow. So heroic like always." She smiled and kinda gave a flirty gesture. Jaime was immediately turned off and needed to go.

"Okay well I'll be back to get her. Have a good day" Jaime said and left. He got in the car and it hit him. "How in the hell was he going to explain all of this to Eddie?"

He went on with his morning, he took a nap, and cleaned up a bit. Eddie was done her tour at noon but that's when Emmalyn was done school so he was glad he didn't have to see Eddie before he goes to get her.

He arrived 10 minutes early and waited for the classroom door to open signaling parents could come get there child now. He got in and out as quick as he could. Speaking minimal to Sydney. He just felt guilty and he just wanted to get home to talk to Eddie.

When he got home eddie was making lunch for Emmalyn so she could eat and get to bed. She approached Jaime and gave him a kiss.

"How was your day honey? Did you cry when she left you like I did? Haha" She asked and laughed. He said it was good and that he didn't cry, he changed the subject by quickly asked about her day. She told this long elaborate story about a women they had to run down but Jaime was hardly listening he couldn't focus.

When Emmalyn was done he put her to bed and then went back out to the main room where Eddie was cleaning up from lunch.

"Hey. Can we talk quick." Jaime said and sat down on the couch. Eddie looked at him.

"What's up?" She asked knowing somthing was not right. She walked over and sat down with her glass of water.

"So...ughm" he cleared his throat he was so nervous.

"Jaime?" She tilted her head to the side slightly, looking at his face. He was struggling to look at her. Eddie took his hand in hers.

"So I met Emmalyn's teacher today." He stated. Eddies face scrunched up confused.

"Okay and?" She has no idea where he was going with this. He finally looked Eddie straight in her face. Eddie looking right back at him.

"She's my ex fiancé. Sydney?" Jaime finally said. Eddies face was blank, she was surprised and totally caught off guard.

"What? Wait. For real?" She asked trying to process. She let go of his hand and stared straight out into space.

"Um yeah." He said, he didn't know what else to say.

"She didn't say anything, she had to know who I was. How many Reagan's are in New York that aren't related to us" she explained. Jaime shrugged his shoulders.

"I can't believe this. So did any of your old feelings come back when you saw her and talked to her? What did she even say?" Eddie asked getting a little tense. Jaime held her hand as he was going to explain everything.

"I felt nothing Eddie. Nothing compares to what I feel with you. Absolutely nothing." He expressed. Rubbing his thumb on the top of the hand he held. She didn't know what to think of all this it was such a shock still.

"What did she have to say? I mean she's the one who left you." Eddie asked. Jaime exhaled and told her what they talked about and how it was nothing really. Eddie was content with that information.

"So I'm okay with whatever you wanna do after this." Jaime bluntly said. Eddie grew confused and looked at him.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"If you wanna pull her out of her class I'm okay with it." Jaime said, Eddie was taken back.

"That's not what I want to do jaime, as much as I hate to say it now she's a good teacher, Emmalyn has been so much better and it's only been a week." Eddie explained. Jaime agreed but just felt like this was going to be an awkward time for all of them all.