Big things

2 months had gone by it was June. After two months of going through the adoption process, and also looking at apartments, it was getting done quickly. Only because they are police, had good records, and not to mention Emmalyn was an orphan. It makes adopting her a lot easier when the child is an orphan sadly. It's mostly been paperwork and a lot of home studies. Therefore they've had to purchase a lot of items already, like a bed, dresser, toy box, and bigger stuff like that. everything that she had in her old home like clothes and toys had been given to Jaime and Eddie. But it was not much. They still hadn't mentioned any of this to the family in case they were disapproved because anything could happen. I mean what if Eddie got shot and killed in action would jaime still go through with all this?

But anyway Eddie came back from the mailbox with a letter that was either of acceptance or denied. They sat on the couch and opened it as quick as they could.

"Congratulations you have been accepted to-" Eddie read and stopped, she threw herself into jaimes arms and he did the same.

"We're gonna be parents Jaime!" She said, she was so excited

"We have to tell my family tonight at dinner" he said.

"How? Should we have your dad open somthing or write on a cake-OH, is it anyone's birthday!?" she started throwing out ideas. But Jaime cut her off.

"I think we should get a high chair booster seat thing and take it with us tonight and just be like this is gonna have to stay here from now on." Jaime mentioned. Eddie loved the idea. So they got in the car and went to buy buy baby in Brooklyn. They picked up the booster seat, and a toy that was a police station with people and cars that they couldn't not get for her.

They got home and did some more organizing and cleaning of her room. They decided to set up at eddies apartment because it was more kid friendly and cheaper if they had to stay longer then they want. Jaime let a friend of his rent his place so they weren't wasting money and had a little more income.

They decided to be done for the day and got dressed for Sunday dinner. They had been to church earlier but decided to shower after sweating from running around all afternoon.

They left the apartment and put the booster seat in the back. They were a little late but it was all on purpose. They wanted everyone at the table waiting for them to make the announcement. They walked inside and walked through to the dining area. They had talked about how they wanted to do this. So Eddie walked in alone. Everyone looked at her she was smiling.

"Hi everyone" she said. Everyone was confused.

"Where's Jaime?" Pop asked. She looked out to the living room around the corner and then back at them. The whole family looked concerned.

"He's coming, he had to get something" she said. Everyone was still confused at what was going on and was waiting for jaime to turn the corner. Then he finally did holding the seat in hand. Everyone looked at it and then at them.