Baby is Ready

Monday May 24th

Eddie was due to have this baby any day. She was huge and uncomfortable ready to not be pregnant. She planned on working up until she had the baby. She was supposed to be off today but there was a mandatory meeting that was going over new protocol and guidelines followed by medical training that they had to do every year. It was being held at 1PP, Frank would be speaking along with other people higher up.

Jaime and Eddie has to bring Emmalyn with them beings she didn't have school until 9 but the meeting was from 8-3. They sat in the front near the door in case Emmalyn got loud or started to make a scene. They brought coloring books and quiet toys to keep her content for 40 minutes and then pop was going to come by to take her to school.

"Grandpa!" Emmalyn yelled when they got in the room. He was dressed as the commissioner and smiled that Emmalyn still knew he was her grandpa. Jaime and Eddie laughed to. He picked her up and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Are you gonna listen to your grandpa talk today?" He asked her. She shook her head.

"Just until pop comes to take her to school." Jaime said.

"Ah. Right. How are you holding up?" Frank asked Eddie. She took a deep breathe.

"Oh you know, hanging in there." She said resting her hands on her back she looked uncomfortable and she was as big as a watermelon.

"Good. You look great." Frank told her and smiled. She said thanks. Baker quietly told frank somthing in his ear and he nodded.

"Well I guess I gotta get started." Frank said and handed Emmalyn to Jaime.

"Alrighty." Eddie said as they went back to there seats.

Emmalyn was doing very well. She was quiet and coloring. Eddie couldn't sit still she couldn't get comfortable. Jaime was observing her not being able to sit content. He put his hand on her back and softly rubbed. Eddie sat still and let him. He felt like everyone behind them was watching. It wasn't every day you see sergeant Reagan being a softy with his wife and kid. He didn't care though. He kept up with it.

Eddie turned to say somthing to Jaime so he leaned forward to listen.

"Can you do it harder?" She said. He shook his head and listened to her.

After 10 minutes frank handed it over to the trainee. He sat down next to jaime in the seats. Emmalyn started talking and frank held his finger up to his lips telling her to be quiet.

"Emmalyn. Sh!" Eddie added. She wanted to sit with frank so he picked her up and sat her on his lap. Jaime kept rubbing her back she was tense. Frank leaned in and whispered to Jaime.

"Tell her to go stand and stretch out." He said. Jaime shrugged his shoulders, he didn't know if he should. Eddie noticed they were talking and looked over at them, so jaime leaned in to tell her what he said.

She thought about it and looked around to see where she would go. She picked out a spot near the door the the side against the wall that no one was standing in. She got up and waddled over. She stretched side to side trying not to draw attention. She held her stomach and stretched her back out.

Frank had glanced over and noticed her looking like she was in pain. She was bent over holding her back looking at the floor. He hit Jaime on the leg and nodded his head to look over at her. Jaime grew a concerned look and walked quickly over to her. He put his hand on her back and bent over to talk to her. There was now attention being drawn torward them.

"Eddie?" He said.

"I think it's just a contraction." Eddie said. Jaime didn't know how to help or what to say. She stood back up and let out a breath.

"It's done now. I can sit." Eddie told him.

"You sure? I'll stand with you." Jaime told her. She shook her head and made her way back to her seat so jaime followed.

A few minutes later pop showed his face outside the room so jaime escorted Emmalyn out to him and gave her a goodbye kiss as she went off to school. When he got back in the room they had been ordered to partner up and practice the new protocols they just talked about. Making the room grow in noise.

"You okay Eddie?"Frank asked her concerned.

"Oh yeah. I think it's just contractions, she's coming any day now so." She explained.

"Did you call your doctor?" He asked.

"No should I!?" She panicked.

"Oh I don't know. In my day we just showed up and few hours we had a baby. Now they have more information and advice to share." Frank said. Jaime thought they should probably call and make sure it was all good.

After a few more hours of contractions every 15 minutes they got dismissed from the training so Eddie could go home and relax. The doctor said not to come until her water breaks or the contractions are 5-6 minutes apart. So they went home and waited it out. Going through there night like any other.