Hormones

It was Sunday December 20th they had finished dinner and were all hanging out for the football game that was on. The cousins, pop, and Erin were playing games while Danny, Frank, Jaime and Eddie watched the game in the room next door.

"Do we have any left over of that zucchini bread I am hungry!" Eddie said, literally they just finished putting all the food away Danny and frank looked at her like "are you serious?" Jaime took another sip of his beer as he watched the tv.

"Um idk babe you'd have to check." Jaime said not even thinking she was crazy. He was so used to it by now. Frank giving her some slack as she was pregnant.

"I think there was more, pop? Is there any zucchini bread left?" Frank said yelling to Henry in the other room.

"I believe so Francis, why? Got a hole in your stomach?" He joked. Eddie walked through the room.

"No it's just for me, I've been so hungry lately." She explained as she found it setting on the counter. She cut a piece and shoved it in her mouth. She was full now. She went and sat back down to watch the tv but it switched to commercial break, Danny got up.

"Who needs another beer?" He asked pointing to Jaime and frank.

"I'm good." Frank said. Jaime said he'd take one more. One of the SPCA commercials came on. Jaime immediately got flustered and looked at his dad.

"SO DAD... POTTER STILL GIVING YOU A HARD TIME DOWN AT 1PP ABOUT THAT COLLAR WE BROUGHT IN LAST WEEK?" He talked loud over the tv. Every time this commercial came on Eddie bawls her eyes out and so he tries to distract her. Frank getting the hint by Jaime's eyes pointing in directions to try and help him understand what he was doing. He noticed Eddie intently watching the commercial.

"OH YOU KNOW OF COURSE HE IS" frank hollered. Everyone in the other room turned around to see why he was shouting over the tv but not understanding. He wasn't a man who needed to talk louder, his voice was already bold enough so everyone was confused. Frank looked back at eddies face, flushed, red, and sobbing. He looked back at jaime to tell him it didn't work by shaking his head no. Jaime put his arm around Eddie and tilted his head down at her face.

"Hey" he said to her. Frank sat there and observed how this pregnancy was affecting Eddie. Danny came in and set the beer on the coffee table.

"Okay what I miss?" He asked looking at the tv.

"Oh these damn commercials I hate these." He said and caught frank staring him down to shut up. Danny took the hint and looked as Jaime was comforting Eddie.

"Eddie let's go get some air okay?" Jaime said.

"No. I just feel so bad for those dogs. Can we get one Jaime? Look how sad that one is?" She said sobbing pointing at the tv. Jaime hugged her and rubbed her back.

"Eddie you know this is just your hormones right? We don't really want a dog right now." Jaime told her quietly into her ear so there wasn't too much attention drawn to her.

"Yes I do." She told him raising her voice which made everyone look. Jaime felt a lot of pressure.

"Okay. Honey. Come on let's go outside for a sec." Jaime said getting up and pulled her outside with him. They watched them go.

"Wow, it's amazing how different every women can be." Danny said.

"I feel bad for Jaime. And Eddie. But Jaime really has to watch what he does or says and Eddie can't help it. Pregnancy can be rough on a marriage." Frank said.

"Can a pregnancy really break up a relationship grandpa?" Nikki asked.

"Oh of course. If your significant isn't there for you through your strongest times they aren't going to be there at your weakest." Frank told her. Nikki thought about what he said.

Jaime came back in without Eddie.

"Hey she okay?" Danny asked.

"Yeah she just needs to sit out there for a little. She's fine. This has been normal just so everyone knows. She's been emotional for weeks. Sometimes it's just like I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't though." Jaime expressed to everyone.

"It isn't gonna last forever. It might not even last the whole pregnancy." Danny said.

"Jaime I think you guys need a date night. Seriously. Pick a night and one of us will watch Em." Erin said.

"You guys don't have to do that it's really all good." Jaime said turning down the offer.

"No, Once this next one comes along your gonna wish you took us up on it." Pop said.

"Heck take her overnight Erin, sounds like he could use more then just dinner." Danny joked. Everyone laughed at what Danny was insinuating. Jaime smiled and turned to make sure eddie wasn't around.

"Um no actually you guys have no idea. I'm getting more then I've ever had in my whole life in 1 weeks time period." He said laughing and took a swig of beer.

"Linda was the same. It was great. Live it up kid, you never know when it's gonna stop." Danny said referring to the fact she's passed. Jaime really let that sink in.

"Daddy where's mommy?" Emmalyn walked over and asked. Jaime picked her up and sat her on his lap.

"She's busy right now, she's on the phone" Jaime said to her. Just then Eddie came back in looking a lot better.

"Sorry guys. I can't help it sometimes." Eddie explained.

"Don't apologize." Frank said and smiled as she sat down next to jaime. He rubbed her back and kissed her cheek.

"Mommy!" Emmalyn switched from Jaime's lap to eddies and they watched the rest of the game.