A Sad Good Thing

Jaime was distraught knowing somthing was wrong with Eddie and he was gonna get to the bottom of it. He made his final cross over the intersection to get to her apartment building and up to her floor. It was cold out and drizzling. He brushed himself off in the elevator and tried to warm up his hands quickly. The doors opened. And he walked down the hall to her door. Scared to see her he gathered himself and knocked.

She got up from the couch, wiped the tears she was in the middle of shedding. put on her sweatshirt beings she was in only her bra. She looked through her peephole and saw it was him. She collected herself not prepared to do this. She opened the door and tried to smile and be fine but he could see right through it.

He came in and he took his jacket off and they sat on the couch

"So are you wondering why I'm here?" He asked just to see what she says. She shook her head no. And kept watching the tv commercials.

"Eddie...?" He tried to get her to look at him. She glanced waiting to see what he wanted to say. When he didn't say anything she went back to the tv which annoyed Jaime. He reached for the remote and turned the tv off.

"Eddie. What happened today? Is something bothering you?" He finally asked. She started to cry again. He put his hand on her thigh.

"I've never seen you upset on the job before or really ever

"I've never seen you upset on the job before or really ever. What's going on?" He questioned.
She tried to fight the tears back. He scooted closer next her her and put his other arm around her and rubbed up and down her arm. She sobbed and laid her head on his chest. He moved his hand to her back and rubbed up and down it. Trying to comfort her.

"Eddie please. This kills me" he said. She tried to stop crying and picked up her head and looked at jaime. She took a deep breathe.

"I'll just show you" she got up and wiped her tears as she walked to her room. He stood up nervously waiting for her to come back. He was fidgeted with his hands unsure of how to feel. He had no idea why or what this was even about. She came back holding a something in a ziplock bag, she was staring at it as she made her way back to sit down on the couch. He touched her back as when she walked past him. He followed her and sat next to her. Waiting for her to say what she has. She opened the bag and pulled out this stick that looked like a thermometer. She looked up from it and looked at jaime. Her face flushed like she'd been crying for days straight.

"What is it eddie" he was now scared.

"This is a pregnancy test. I took it a few days ago" he handed it to him upside down letting him have to turn it over to see what it says. He stared out it on the backside still and looked at eddie out of complete shock that this was really happening right now. His heart was racing.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?!" He asked her as he was anxious and frustrated he closed his eyes disappointed

"Why didn't you tell me about this?!" He asked her as he was anxious and frustrated he closed his eyes disappointed. She started back up crying again.

"Just turn it over" she directed him. Realizing he it was probably positive. He flipped it over and then looked down at it. He was taken back.

"Not pregnant" jaimes heart still racing but he felt a relief leave his body. He had been holding his breathe and he let out a laugh to release it. He was thrilled. He looked back at Eddie. She was sobbing.

"...am I missing somthing here?" He said so confused as to why she was this upset. Like they were trying to get pregnant, when in reality that would start a world war with the circumstances they live and breathe. He could see it on the front of the paper.
"Commissioners son officer Jamison Reagan knocks up Partner, Officer Edit Janko". I mean that'd be great. He was sweating from overwhelming so hard right now.

"Part of me wanted it to be positive. Part of me was excited I could maybe be pregnant with your baby. But then part of me was thinking that would be terrible right now. Beings no one even knows about us. And trying to explain this all to your family and the public would just be a disaster" she stated as her eyes stopped crying. He was looking at her and gave her a side hug. Understanding a little bit better of where she was coming from.

"Eddie. It's really not ideal to have a baby right now. I mean you even said it. No one even knows we're a thing let alone sleeping together. I'm sorry" he told her. She started crying more. She was so emotional part of jaime wondered if the test was just wrong.

"When I saw that little innocent baby laying in that crib sleeping so peacefully I thought I want that.-" Jaime cut her off.

"Someday You'll have one Eddie. And it will be the right time with the right person." He explained you her. Hearing what he just said made her stop and reevaluate.

"The right person?! Jaime that's you I want you! Your the right person" she confessed. Jaime scrunched his face surprised that followed with a smile. She was finally on the same page as him. He was so in love with her. He leaned in and kissed her. When they released they kept their foreheads together. Eddies face still flushed from being so upset.

"I love you eddie. I've been in love with you for awhile. Please don't say it back if you don't feel the same way. I just think you needed to hear my heart. And please whatever you do. Don't think I'm going to over react or your going to scare me away by taking a pregnancy test. Especially now that I know how upset it made you, I don't want you taking that on by yourself. I'm here for you so let me be here for you." he said staring at her mouth. She Smiled ear to ear.

"Thank you for that. I'm sorry." She told him and kissed him again.

"I'll show you how much I love you too. Come with me" she said and got up taking his hand leading him to her bedroom.

"Eddie your in a vulnerable state right now I don't think I wanna go there." He said to her. She started to tear up again and said he was right. He brought her in for a hug.

"I'm not leaving you like this though. I think you need some sleep. I'll stay on the couch."