An Eventful First Night

It was Emmalyn's first night at home. Jaime and Eddie woke up to the sound of her crying over the baby monitor around 1:30 in the morning.

"Mommyyyy" she cried out. They both got up and went to her room. She was standing in the middle of the floor with her hands tucked under her chin standing still her eyes opened staring at the dark. She looked and seemed scared and unsure. Eddie approaches her and gets on her level to see her face. Jaimie turned on the hall light and yawned standing there in his boxers and no shirt with his hair a mess.

"I'm right here honey what's wrong?" Eddie said

"I'm right here honey what's wrong?" Eddie said. She was so tired.

"I'm wet" Emmalyn said pouting. Eddie felt her pants and Jaime entered the room and felt her bed.

"She must've peed, guess we should put her in a diaper at night." Jaime said.

Eddie rolled her eyes, mad that she didn't think of that at 8 when they put her down

"Obviously, can you just turn the light on jaime" she was not a middle of the night person if you wake her up. Working during the night is different. He flicked the light and everyone squinted. Eddie sitting on her knees in front of Emmalyn pulled down her pants and took of her shirt, and threw it in her hamper. Jaime handed her another set of pajamas and a diaper.

"Can I have the wipes?" She said. He picked them up and handed them to her. She opened the pack and pulled a few out to wipe her down. Emmalyn started to whine and cry at the coldness of them.

"I know I'm sorry sweetie,We'll get a bath in the morning" she said. Jaime took off her sheets and threw them in the hamper. Then opened the closet looking for another set.

"Jaime let's just leave it she can sleep with us." Eddie said.

"But isn't that what they told us like not to do, like spoil her. Sleeping with us starting off kinda-" Jaime started to say but Eddie cut him off.

"Jaime it's the middle of the night. Just let this one go. It's not gonna happen every night. Now we know to put a diaper on her" she explained. He agreed and shut his mouth, Eddie dressed Emmalyn with a diaper now and they went back to their bed and fell asleep right away.
———
It was 6am when Emmalyn started getting up. Jaime was ready to get up with her.