What now?

Jaime woke up at 9am. He felt like he was hit by a truck. He didn't remember last night. He just remembers going to the bar and drinking. He got up from his bed and had to get his balance. He was dressed still from the night before. He looked around for a sign of Eddie but there was none. He went to the bathroom and splashed his face with water. There was a note taped to the mirror. It said:

"Jaime check your voice mail -Eddie"

He walked back out to his room. His phone wasn't on the nightstand, he picked up his coat and checked the pocket. It said there was a voicemail from Eddie. So he started to listen to it, but then Danny interrupted by calling him. He answered it and put it on speaker. As soon as he said "hello" his head pounded from the hangover.

"How you feeling about now?" Danny asked. How did Danny know he thought.

"Um okay. Why do you say that?" He asked.

"You seriously don't remember anything from last night do you?" Danny asked him.

"Just going out having drinks and then no I don't" he told him, scared of what maybe he doesn't remember. His whole body ached.

"Jaime. Eddie called me to come pick you guys up cause you were so drunk she couldn't even keep you on your feet. What were you doing drinking tequila?" Danny asked him.

"What?! Shit. Shit Danny. Ugh. What did eddie say? Was she mad or upset?" He asked. Concerned if he'd be in the dog house for awhile. He closed his eyes and put his hand on his forehead.

"She was handling it. But when I left she seemed pretty angry at you. I told her tequila wasn't your drink and she was so shocked as to why you would keep drinking it. I guess she was more concerned with why you lied." He explained. Jaime didn't know what to say so he just said thanks, And they ended the conversation.

He went back to his voicemail to listen to what Eddie had to say on it.

"Hi. So it's 6am I just left your place. My guess is your gonna sleep for awhile yet. But I'm calling to tell you that I'm really disappointed in how you handled last night. We weren't planning on getting drunk so why did you? We've never had this problem before so I'm just wondering why now, and I hope it has nothing to do with the ring you gave me. Anyway my night sucked. The only thing I wanted out of last night was a fun party with a little romance in it with my what I though was my future husband."

Jaime stared into space. His heart racing, his head pounding and tears flowing.

Jaime put his phone down and sat there trying to comprehend what was going to happen

Jaime put his phone down and sat there trying to comprehend what was going to happen. He needed Gatorade, a green smoothie and an egg sandwich.

He made his smoothie and realized he had no eggs. He was starting to feel a little better but still wanted a sandwich so he headed over to his dads. Maybe he'd have some advice for him.

He came in the back door where frank was reading the paper at the table. He felt like he was doing the walk of shame going back home.

"Hey." Jaime said.

"Hey. What's up bud?" Frank said putting down the paper. This was very unlikely, not to mention Jaime looked awful. Something was wrong he thought.

"I just need an egg sandwich and I know you have all the stuff. I'll pay you back. I just need a sandwich" Jaime said opening the fridge getting out the eggs and everything else he wanted for it. Frank sat there pondering.

"Wasn't the cafe open?" Frank asked thinking about why he wouldn't just go out.

"It's New Year's Day everything is basically closed" Jaime told his dad. His dad nodded. Forgetting it was New Year's Day as he didn't celebrate it really.

"Everything okay at home?" Frank asked. He knew him and Eddie were sleeping together. Jaime had to tell him about all that before he told them he wanted to propose. Jaime kept busy, cracking two eggs in a pan.

"Yeah." He said not looking at his father. Frank was a smart man. He knew when people were lying. Especially his own blood.

"Jameson Reagan" Frank said boldly, he ment business. Jaime stopped and looked at his father. He hasn't gotten the full name since his 19th birthday when him and his friends got drunk in the basement.

"Huh. I messed up. And she's pissed about it". he said, chopping up his eggs in the pan.

"Well, do you understand her frustration?" Frank asked.

"Yes

"Yes." Jaime admitted.

"Have you talked to her about it?" Frank asked.

"No." Jaime said.

"Well. What do you think needs to happen" Frank asked him. Jaime finished up the sandwich wrap and brought to the table to sit down with frank.

"Huh. I need to talk to her. I just hope she still wants to marry me" he said, Frank looked at him concerned.

"What makes you think she isn't going to want to marry you?" He asked him.

"Cause the guy she was with last night is not the guy she signed up to marry." Jaime said. Frank cocked his head hoping he didn't cheat on her or something.

"I got really drunk last night. She didn't. We were out. She had to call Danny to come get us cause I couldn't even walk straight" he told his dad.

"Jaime that doesn't sound like you. What were you doing?" He asked Jaime as he was digging in to his sandwich.

"She was doing tequila and-" Jaime got cut off.

"No one in this family can do tequila Jaime c'mon you knew better. Don't you Remember your 19th birthday?" Frank smiled.

"Yeah yeah yeah. I just wanted Eddie to be happy and didn't wanna fuss about the shots. I didn't think they'd hit me that hard I guess. And she's mad cause she had to babysit me and she couldn't have a good time." he explained to his dad the situation.

"And you can understand her point?" He asked him

"And you can understand her point?" He asked him. Jaime shook his head yes as he finished the last bite of his sandwich and pulled out his wallet throwing a $5 bill on the table.

"Don't worry about it jaime. Just go fix your relationship, because shes a special girl" frank smiled assuringly and said. Jaime left the money on the table said thanks and left.

He passed a flower stand on the corner and bought 3 dozen roses, and headed back to his place.