Who's on the phone!?

It was the 3rd Sunday in August and it was a gorgeous day. Today's family dinner was going to be a little different. They were going to celebrate Danny's birthday by getting wings, ribs, pizza, and all other messy foods. His favorite. This dinner was going to be held at 4 and they were going to have it outside.

"Alright I got the outdoor baby dome, your pump, the sprinkler, diaper bag, towels, sunscreen, blanket for the grass loaded up...anything else?" Jaime said coming back into there apartment out of breath from taking trips back and forth. Eddie was buckling Scarlett in her car seat while Emmalyn was in her cute one piece bathing suit with her crocs on and her hair in a ponytail waiting to go.

"Sounds good to me, it's just that cooler yet and we're ready." Eddie said pointing to the soft cooler on the table that had breast milk, and a strawberry pie Eddie made in it.

"Okay well I'll carry Scarlett if you get that." He said picking up the car seat. Eddie got her purse and the cooler and they headed out. When they got down to the front doors Emmalyn started running she was so excited.

"Emmalyn..." Eddie called out fearing she was going to leave the building without them. She stopped though and waited. Eddie put her hand out for her to grab and they got to the car.

When they got to the big house they walked right around to the back yard. They had a table set up for the food with balloons tied to it, a table for everyone to sit, and a kiddie pool set up for Emmalyn.

"Heyyy" Pop said.

"Glad you guys made it." Erin said.

"We wouldn't miss it." Jaime said

"Emmalyn you look so cute! I love your swim suit!" Nikki said getting down to talk to her. Emmalyn loved her cousin Nikki. Frank came out of the house.

"Where are those little granddaughters of mine!?" He smiled and laughed waiting for Emmalyn to run and give him a big hug like she does every time. And she did. He scooped her up and gave her a big bear hug and kiss, then he let her down. Frank made his way over to Jaime and Eddie to see the other one. Eddie was getting her out.

"Hey dad." Jaime said and they did a handshake/hug like guys do. Eddie stood up with Scarlett and showed her to frank. He put his hands out to hold her.

"She's getting so big." Erin said.

"Is she?" Eddie asked laughing.

"Well I guess when your home everyday all day it's hard to tell but she really is." Erin said.

"Exactly." Eddie said laughing with Jaime.

Danny got there and wanted to hold Scarlett a little before they all sat down to eat, he loved babies.

They all sat down to eat. When they picked there heads up after saying grace Emmalyn turned to Nikki.

"Can we go in the pool now?" She asked. Jaime and Eddie didn't say anything, Nikki knew what to say to her.

"Well after we're done eating we can." Nikki said.

"2 hours." Pop said.

"What?" Nikki asked.

"You have to wait 2 hours." Pop said.

"I DON'T WANNA WAIT THAT LONG!" Emmalyn yelled before anyone could say that's a joke.

"He's just kidding Em relax. You can play when we're all done eating." Jaime told her.

"I'm not kidding that's a rule isn't it Francis?" Pop questioned.

"I think back in the day that's what was believed but nowadays it's been proved to be a load of crock." Frank said. Pop didn't want to believe it, he sat there pondering.

"It's true." Jack said. Eddie had gone inside to make Scarlett a bottle. Pop offered to feed her so she gave her to him.

They finished up eating and then sat out and watched Emmalyn play in the pool and sprinkler with her cousins. Eddie sat in the grass with Scarlett on a blanket with Erin also. It was a beautiful day.

The boys threw a football around and of course it turned into tackle between Jaime and Danny

"I knew he shouldn't of worn that shirt." Eddie said as Jaime got up off the ground with grass stains on his nice blue collard shirt. Erin just smiled.

"Brothers I know." Erin said as they continued to watch. Emmalyn ran over torward Jaime as they were in the middle of another tackle.

"Daddy!" She yelled scared he was getting hurt.

"Emmalyn!" Nikki yelled to stop her from getting too close, she ran after her."

"Jaime watch!" Eddie yelled to make him aware she was getting close so they wouldn't hurt her. Jaime looked and saw and they broke apart. Emmalyn ignored Jaime and went after Danny trying to fight him. He went along with it and fell down and let her tackle him. Everyone laughed histarically! Jaime just crossed his arms and watched, exchanging looks with Eddie smiling.

"You can't hurt my daddy!" She yelled at Danny as she got off of him and stood there looking at him laying in the grass she was angry and it was so funny. She wound her foot up and kicked him in the stomach as hard as she could.

"Woah!" Everyone said watching.

"Oh woah." Jaime said and pulled her away from him.

"Jaime..." Eddie called out giving him a look to handle that and he nodded at her knowing. He bend down to Emmalyn.

"Hey were just playing, We weren't really hurting each other okay? Can you say sorry to your uncle Danny for kicking him?" Jaime asked her. She went over and said she was sorry and Danny gave her a hug and forgave her. Everyone was still laughing at the whole thing though.

Pop came out carrying a lit birthday cake and everyone started singing to Danny. He said thank you when they were done and blew the candles out. Everyone grabbed a plate and dug in.

Danny answered his phone that was ringing.

"Oh c'mon it's your birthday. Take a break from the office." Frank said to him but he got up to answer it.

"Linda?!" Danny said over the phone, turning the heads of everyone at the table. Did they hear him right? Danny was as white as a ghost.

——————
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING! Leave your replies or pm if you'd be interested in a second book. Also feel free to give me story plot ideas/events to take place that you would be interested in reading. I'd be happy to continue this cliffhanger if it's requested!

~To all the Jamko fans out there...Much love~