Happy New Year

New Year's Eve was different this time around. Last year they partied a little too hard especially Jaime. It was still a little bit of a sore subject. This year was bound to be different. With Eddie being 4 months pregnant the tables have turned. They planned on a nice dinner they had reservations, and then fireworks in Central Park.

It was around 8 when Jaime got home from his 6 hour tour. Nikki and her boyfriend Collin had agreed to stay and watch Emmalyn even though she'd be sleeping the whole time.

Eddie came out from there bedroom all dressed and ready, Nikki and Collin settled on the couch.

"You look so good eddie!" Nikki expressed. Eddie wore a long sleeved black maxi dress with a jean jacket.

"Thanks Nik, you guys sure you don't mind doing this?" She asked them.

"Oh of course not!" Nikki said.

"Well I mean feel free to have a glass of wine, I won't be drinking any of it haha" Eddie told them laughing.

"Might take you up on that" Collin said, Jaime had come out from their bedroom dressed up all nice.

"Take you up on what?" He said buttoning his cuffs.

"I said there welcome to have some wine." Eddie told him pointing to the bottle she set out on the counter with 2 glasses and an opener. Jaime glanced at eddie and then looked at Nikki and Collin, he fake smiled.

"Alright ready to go?" Jaime said walking to the door.

"Yup! Alright guys have fun hopefully she doesn't wake up. If you guys have any questions text or call!" Eddie said grabbing her purse and out the door they went.

They got in the elevator and headed down. Eddie caught Jaime's face.

"Everything okay?" Eddie asked him, as she was so excited to get out for the night but his face read different.

"Don't you think giving them a bottle of wine to drink was a little much?" He said shrugging his shoulders asking her.

"What? Jaime there 22 years old and there not driving. Besides I don't think they're going to get drunk on a babysitting job c'mon. Nikki is a smart girl have some faith in her." Eddie said as the elevator door opened and they walked out.

"It's not my niece I don't trust, it's that Collin kid." Jaime said being protective over Nikki. They got out on the sidewalk and flagged down a cab.

"Jaime what do you thinks gonna happen?" Eddie asked him curiously and firmly. He turned and looked straight at eddie.

"I was 22 once. The only thing that you want to do is party, drink, and get laid." Jaime said. Eddie was taken back.

"Maybe so but trust Nikki to make her own decisions." She reassured him.

"I just don't need them to christen our living room is all." Jaime said. Eddies jaw dropped as they got into the cab they flagged down.

"Jameson Reagan...!" Eddie laughed saying. Jaime laughed with her.

"Oh wait we already did." Jaime said and winked. The cab drove off to the restaurant.

They had a lovely dinner and the fireworks in the park were incredible. The traffic was of course insane to get home, they walked into there apartment door. Nikki was asleep on the couch with the tv on. There was no sign of Collin. Jaime walked torward her.

"Jaime?" Eddie said, he held his hand up initiating her to stay put. He got his gun out.

"Hey Nikki? Nikki wake up." He said shaking her shoulder. There was half a bottle of wine left on the coffee table and two empty used glasses next to it. She woke up panicked.

"Uncle Jaime. Sorry! Um how was your night!?" She asked.

"Nikki where's Collin?" Jaime asked with his gun still out but not that she could see.

"Oh he left at like 10. We had a fight." She said, Jaime put the gun away. Eddie came into the room now that it was all good.

"Fight about what?" Jaime questioned.

"Just about our relationship. It was nothing he'll get over it really. It's no big deal." She said. Jaime and Eddie exchanged looks but decided it was okay.

"Um Emmalyn was an angel. She woke up once but went back down with no problem."
Nikki said as she got up to leave.

"Good! Glad to hear it." Jaime told her.

"You need help getting a cab?" Eddie asked her. She said no and left.

"See somthings weird." Jaime said. Eddie shrugged her shoulders.

"Maybe. But it could be worse. We could've walked in on them doing stuff or it could've smelled like sex" Eddie said. Jaime rolled his eyes and laughed.

"You can't smell sex Eddie why do you say that?" He asked smiling.

"I'll prove it to you" Eddie smirked and walked away to go to their bedroom.

"oh yeah? How?" He asked following her.

"Let me help you out of those pants Mr.Reagan and I'll show ya." She winked making him melt following her. She was so irresistible.