Parents for an Afternoon

*3 months later* (March)

Jamie and Eddie finished planning there wedding it was going to be on July 18th. They were soaking up the last few months they had to work together as partners. Eddie was taking it harder then Jaime was. She never had another partner. She graduated the academy and was given to Jaime basically the next day.

They were walking the streets and decided to go into Trader Joe's for a fresh sandwich.

"Janko you know it's only 11:15 right?" Jaime asked her. This girl eats all the time.

"Yeah so?" Eddie said to him. She didn't care. She can maintain her weight so why should she starve. Jaime just nodded like never mind it's fine.

They ordered there sandwiches and Marco the guy running the counter let them have them for free

They ordered there sandwiches and Marco the guy running the counter let them have them for free. They often get their food for free if the vendor likes cops or one of them puts on the charm. They stood there talking about where they wanted to patrol/eat after this. When all of a sudden a little girl ran up and wrapped her arms around Jamie's legs. He was caught of guard and they both looked down flustered.

"Oh" Eddie said and Jaime looked at her confused. He grabbed the girl at her underarms to pull him off his leg.

"Hey." He said as he got her off his leg and bend down to her level, taking off his hat, trying to see her face and if she was hurt or upset.

"Hi sweet heart, what's your name? Are you lost?" Jaime asked her finally seeing her gorgeous eyes as he tucked her hair back behind her ears

"Hi sweet heart, what's your name? Are you lost?" Jaime asked her finally seeing her gorgeous eyes as he tucked her hair back behind her ears. The little girl shook her head no. She had to be no older then 4.

"Emmalyn. My mommy yelled at me." She said. Eddie left to look around for the girls mom.

"Aw well why would she do that?" Jaime asked her. She looked at him with tears in her eyes. She was half scared. Jaime noticed a scratch in her chin that looked like it was from a nail.

"Because." She said and got shy looking at the floor. Eddie came back.

"Want me to call it in Reagan?" She asked but he shook his head no. He knew If they did it would be going straight to cps.