A Test

Background information:
This takes place a few weeks later it is now the beginning of December. Jaime and Eddie still hiding there romance. Let's just say they have been car pulling together in the morning a lot more then they would have months ago.

It was a Sunday morning. Eddie woke up alone in her bed which was almost weird now. She got used to Jaime being there anymore.

He wanted to make it a rule of no funny business on a Sunday. Even into a Sunday morning. He felt it was morally wrong. They were already sinning. And he doesn't think he could do family dinner in the same day. He comes from a family of cops. The fact no one has figured it out yet is crazy enough.

It was 8:30am she got out of bed and made her way to the bathroom. She was still so tired. But she had to put a pad on. She felt crampy. It was a sad time because now she couldn't have sex with Jaime.

That's weird. She thought. There's no blood. Usually she doesn't get cramps until she starts bleeding. She washed her hands and went back to her bed. She picked up her phone and googled "cramps with no period"

5 things came up:
Endometriosis...she knew she didn't have that.

Pelvic inflammatory disease...it says painful intercourse was a symptom and she certainly was not in pain with that.

Premenstrual syndrome...happens between ovulation and period. She isn't in between the two. She's due for her period.

Menopause...she's only 28. Then last but not least it said...

Pregnant. Her eyes grew wide. She stared into space. Thinking about every time jaime came during sex. He always pulled out. And they only did it unprotected the first time. She turned white and got up. And stood there staring out her bedroom window. Could she actually be pregnant? She had a faint smile grow on her face thinking about it. Why was she happy? Why did part of her want this to be true. They are just friends with benefits. They'd have a lot of explaining to do if she was.

She got dressed and went out to the store to get some groceries and tests. God forbid she runs into anyone she knows and sees her just buying pregnancy tests.

She got back to her place around 10:30. She set all the bags on the table and dig through all of them to find the tests. But then someone knocked on the door. Her heart sank. It cannot be jaime right now.

She threw the tests in the oven out of panic and yelled "coming". She opened the door and it was a little old women. She was relieved.

"Hi may I help you" she asked her politely. The women handed over a receipt.

"You dropped this coming into the building and didn't want you to lose it I'm case you needed to return something." She said in that old lady voice.

"Oh my gosh. Thank you so much!" Eddie said taking the receipt from the women.

"Of course, god bless you." She said and scurried off to her apartment down the hall. Eddie went back into her apartment and shut the door. She laid the receipt on the counter and got the pregnancy tests out of the oven. She started shaking.

She got to the bathroom and peed on the stick. And washed her hands while she waited 3 minutes. She stared into the mirror at herself. She wanted it to be positive. She wanted to be with Jaime. But this just wasn't a good time. And she knew that.

3 minutes went by. She looked down at the test.

She got emotional. She stood there looking at it and just was shocked.

So she took it out to the kitchen and put it in a ziplock bag and hid it in her sock drawer. She doesn't need jaime finding it.

She walked back out to her kitchen and unpacked the groceries. Replaying in her head everything that just Happened. Tears streaming down her face.