PROLOGUE

Thirty years ago

Boom.

A gun fired.

Twenty-seven years old Roselyn Fredrick shrieked and fell on the floor of her apartment. Watching, as tears trickled down the face of her only child, Mimi Fredrick who stood less than ten yards away from her.

"Mama, I'm sorry" Four years old Mimi whispered, the gun in her hands, shaking.

"I hurt you" the words left the small trembling lips of Mimi.

Roselyn's hands moved to her stomach that was gushing out so much blood. She was in pain. A sick maddening pain.

I'm going to die. Roselyn thought as she saw her blood start to form a pool round her. I'm going to die. Her heart pounded. Die from the hands of my own daughter.

And a sea of tears started a journey down her cheeks.

Shoot me finally. She thought. End this excruciating anguish.

And as she lay there on the floor, losing blood, and the weapon juddering in her daughter's hands, Roselyn smiled, perhaps to let her little girl know that she held no grudge against her. Agonizingly, she whispered the words she often told Mimi, "Who loves you most in the whole wide world?"

"Mummy" the crying little girl whispered back "Mummy loves me most in the whole wide world".

The sound of the click of a gun was heard. And the next second, the infamous boom sound filled the air.

And less than a moment later, a bullet hit Roselyn in her brain.

And her pain ended.