Chapter 10: The VMAs and Jai again??

Ariana's POV
It's almost time for the VMAs about 2 hours, my album dropped a few days ago. It was good, my deluxe album is about to come out I just need another song to fill it in. I walked downstairs and there was Sean all dressed in a pair if black jeans a white t shirt and blue denim overshirt waiting for me.We got in the limo and we were on our way talking, giggling, and kissing in the back seat. We got to the red carpet and to throw if suspicion i would get out first and then he would go around the corner then come back and come out alone. I got on the red carpet and walked pausing every once in a while to pose for cameras. Later on I did a quick interview, I skipped right over Gulianna from E news and went straight to Extra. "Hello Ariana."
"Hello."
"How are you?"
"I'm good, just dropped my new album a few days ago, I'm extremely excited about that."
"Yeah I'm sure, that's amazing Ariana!"
"Thank you!"
"So is it true that you are dating Nathan Skyes again?"
"No it's not, sorry guys we are not dating."
"Aw that's too bad so you seem to be very friendly with Big Sean, is there something there?"
"Well we are really close, and I'll leave it at that."
"I'll take it, I won't push you. So are you dating Harry Styles?"
"Sorry again we are just really good friends."
"Well thank you Ariana, you were an angel."
"Yeah sure." he literally only asked me questions about my dating life, nothing else. Man those interview people only look for the juicy stories. They milk me for my dating life. Unbeleivable!!! I posed with Jessie and a few others of my friends.
I went inside and went backstage to get ready. I put on my makeup and did my hair and then it was time for me to put on my costume. I was walking out, when who other than Jai Brooks came in. Sean who was sitting on the couch in the corner stood up and walked to my side. "hey Ariana."
"Hello Jai, what do you want?"
"I wanted talk to you..........alone."
"Well that's not gonna happen so what do you want?"
"To apologize, for dating your best friend on the side, sorry for cheating on you. I'm just sorry. is there anyway you can forgive me?"
"Yes!!!Jai yes. I forgive you."
"Yes so you're coming back to me."
"No!"
"Then what....?"
"I forgive you, but we are never getting back together."
"Like ever!" Sean added quoting the famed song by my friend Taylor Swift who is also performing tonight. I started to walked towards Jai put my hand on his face and wrapped his arm around my waist. Leaning in super close that our lips were 3 inches apart. Sean looked at me skeptically. " oh Jai i love you, I can't stay mad at you. I could never do that I mean we were terrible together, unpassionate, bored, and obviously you didn't even want it at all. It was a one way relationship, but love is a 2 way street."
"But I do now I want to be that second way pull that one way sign down."
"Oh sweetheart I don't care. You hurt me in places I didn't even know existed on 4 occasions, if you think that I am naive enough to forgive you again then you are just stupid. I forgive you for me, so that I don't have to relive the pain each day. I forgive you for him, so I don't make his life miserable, because you did mine. I will always love you Jai, but I will never ever want to be with you again." i said then planted a gentle peck of a kiss on his lips then his cheek.
"Goodbye Jai I said pulling Sean with me out the door and into the wardrobe department. We walked into the room and were greeted by a rack of my costumes for the show, I had 3 choices for break free, and 4 choices for Bang Bang and my dress for afterwards. I walked over to the rack and started shuffling through the choices. "Ari, you scared me back there, I thought you were gonna leave me."
"For him?" I laughed at the thought.
"Well don't scare me like that again." he pulled me by my waist and pulled me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck and then Jai was slowly walking past the door, and I saw him in my perifiel vision and I leaned in and kissed Sean deeply and insanely into it. Jai shed a few tears then walked away. I was happy to see that for once he was the one suffering and not me is that so wrong?
We went over to the stage and he wished me a good performance as I loaded up into the UFO platform. The music started playing and it opened up. I sang break free then went off stage to change while Nicki did anaconda. she went off and Jessie came on and started singing. I ran and got to my entrance on the stage. I came out singing
'She might've let you hold her hand to school but I'm a show you how to graduate......'

We finished the chorus and it was time for Nicki to come on at the last minute I looked back at Nicki to see that her dress had completely ripped down the front. She has a head mic I and she is using both hands to hold it closed. She came on wrapping and I knew there had to be a hitch because nothing bad had happened yet. She pulled it off really well and everything worked out fine.

I went backstage where Sean was waiting for me and we went back to my dressing room and changed into my dress for afterwards. I put on the shimmering silver dress and we asked out to the audience to sit. I lost 2 awards before it was time for pop video of the year. the presenters cam on stage and then Jim Carrey announced the nominees. ".......Happy by pharell and Provlem by Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea."
I sat up in anticipation to see if I won then it was time.
"And the winner of the pop music video of the year for 2014 is..................Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea Problem." my song played and I stepped on stage to accept the award. "Oh my god thank you, thank you so much. This means so much. I want to thank Iggy Azalea of course and my writers, and Scooter Braun for believing in me. Oh my gosh thank you's so much for this. Thank you to my fans, I love you all so much." I grabbed my award and I went off stage and Sean escorted me out of the stage area and we walked to the exit to go back around to our seats. I tripped and Sean caught me and grabbed my hand as we walked out the stage exit to our seats. Eventually the show ended and we all went home. I went home to watch the show on tv all of our friends who were performers or presenters, or winners came. Taylor Swift, , Jessie J, Iggy Azalea, Nick Jonas and his girlfriend Olivia Culpo, Harry Styles, Kendall and Kylie Jenner, The Kardashians, Nina Dobrev and of course Sean. We all gathered in the Living Room drinks in hand and snacks layed out in the kitchen. The show started and we watched listening clapping, laughing, and having fun then the clip where I won my award came on. The entire room erupted into clapping and laughs at my speech. I walked off and then a clip from backstage where me and Sean were holding hands and hugging came on. all of the girls in the room were like "oooooohhhhhh!!!" And all of the guys whistled and Nick was like "Sean snagging up the Grande, nice!" We all laughed I was so embarrassed now that the whole world knows but thankfully I don't have to tell my friends one by one now and they don't even care, I thought they would all freak out that we didn't tell them but they were cool. I was surprised, Harry was the only person who seemed to be upset. I didn't understand why. I just ignored it while everybody was a cheering and doing cat calls mocking us, it was kind of funny since half of them were single themselves!