Chapter 18: The fall

Nathan's POV
I couldn't sleep so I went down to the lobby for a drink. I saw a familiar blonde and a familiar brunette standing in the doorway and then she fell to the ground. I rushed over to see Ariana out cold on the floor she was pale and her arms had a kind of blue color. Juliana screaming for help. She wasn't waking up. I scooped her up carrying her bridal style and shook her She wouldn't stir. I ran out of the hotel running to the nearest hotel she wasn't awake. Juliana was back at the hotel. I ran like nothing else mattered. "We are almost there Ari, don't give up on me." I kept running unsure of where I was going. suddenly I saw it in the distance the hospital. I sprinted as fast as I could. I bursted into the emergency room. "help, help she won't wake up." help us someone." I was dripping in sweat a bunch of nurses rushed over with a stretcher. "Let's get an EKG and I want blood tests and....." they pulled her into the back and I ran after her. A nurse held me back and I tried to break through, but I couldn't. "Sir you can't go back there."
"No she's my girl I have to get back there."
"I'm sorry, you can't go back there." I just gave up went and sat down and waited I can't believe this just happened. Everything was fine everything was perfect before this happened. Eventually Juliana showed up recently sobered. "Where is she, what happened? Omg this is all my fault. I shouldn't have forced her to come partying with me. I really shouldn't have let her drink all of that i should've know her body couldn't handle it. She's so fragile. Oh I have really screwed things up........." I wrapped her in my arms.
"Julianna calm down. It's not your fault how were you supposed to know this would happen."
"How is she?"
"I don't know, they took her in for tests they'll tell us once they know."
"Oh god I can't believe I let this happen."
"I know but it'll all be alright! I have to call Joan are you ok with that?"
"Yeah I guess this is as good a time as ever to see each other again!"
"Ok good, are you calm now?"
"Yeah I'm fine." I went over to the door and called Joan.
"Hello."
"Hey Joan this is Nathan."
"Oh hey Nathanial what is up?"
"Uh mum here in philli with Ari and she fainted and won't wake up."
"What?"
"Yeah I'm worried she might fall into a coma! You need to get down here fast!""
"Ok I'm in my way!"
"oh and one more thing!"
"Yeah!"
"Julianna is here!"
"Oh ok the um ok I'll be there!"
"Alright bye!"
"Bye!"
I walked back over to Julianna she was tapping her feet anxiously and chugging down a bottle of water. I sat down I was very worried about her. "Hey Julie it's ok, 'cause everything's gonna be alright' " I sang to her the song by Justin Bieber.
"I know but I just can't shake the feeling that if god forbid she dies then it will be all my fault. I would've killed her."
"Don't think that way she won't die!"
"If she did then I won't be able to live with myself knowing that she died because of me!"
"Julie look at me She'll be fine. Shes a fighter and she will come back from whatever it is, you don't even know if it has anything to do with tonight."
"I know it does, it has too, Ariana never gets sick unless something or someone makes her sick. Ever!"
"Well.....um.....she will make it through."
"You don't know that!"
"Let's stay positive and pray and maybe she will."
"Okay!" Later that night Shawn and Scooter showed up. Me and Julianna stayed through the night. In the middle of the night I was awoken by the doctor here to give a report.
"Mr. Skyes!"
"Yes!"
"I'm sorry but we lost her."
"No,no really she's gone?"
"No I was just saying that, she just has alcohol poisoning she'll be fine."
"You are the worst doctor ever!"
"It was just a little humor to lighten the mood."
"Don't ever joke about my kitty-cat dying! Ever!"
"Okay, okay but we are gonna keep her for a few days."
"Can I see her?"
"Yeah of course she's awake now!"
"Okay great!" we walked into her room. I decided it was best not to wake Julianna up. I walked in and took a seat by her bed.
"Hey there kitty-cat!"
"Hey!"
"So how are you feeling?"
"Like a drill decided to drill through my stomach then changed it's mind and started drilling into my head!"
"So better?"
"Well a little bit."
"Okay that's good!"
"So one of the nurses told me that you ran me here from the hotel. is that true?"
"Yeah I wasn't taking the time to get you to the car. you needed help so I was going to get you some help!"
"Well that was very sweet of you, thank you!"
"It was nothing!"
"No it was more than nothing, you probably saved my life, and I will never forget that. you are amazing!"
"Thank you but all I did was preserve the most beautiful gem this earth has ever given us." she blushed and I grabbed her hand.
"I love you Ariana, don't ever forget that!"
"I never will!" She looked at me then leaned forward and kissed me. I was shocked but she pulled away I didn't want it to end. "I know this may be a long shot but do you want to you know give us another try."
"Do you?"
"Uhm....yeah!"
"Then I do too!"
"Yay so does this mean were officially back together."
"I guess it does!" Later on that day Joan, Nonna, and Frankie walked in, Julianna trailing behind. "oh my god Ari are you ok." Frankie asked
"Yeah I'm fine!"
"Well what happened?" Joan asked her.
"Well....um I went out with Julianna...."
"Wait you talked to Julianna is that why she's here?"
"Okay the truth is mom me and Frankie have been talking, going to see Julianna and have been providing her aid to get back on her feet for the last 4 years."
"What?!?????"
"Yeah she just didn't want us to tell you because she wasn't sure that you wanted to see her. Now she lives in Jersey with her boyfriend Shawn Mendes in a house me and Frankie bought for her and she works as the road manager and marketing for 3 Days Grace."
"Really?"
"Yes.....whew that feels good to get off my shoulder." she looked over at Julianna who was now crying. Her boyfriend Shawn was standing in the doorway and walked over to her putting his arms around her lightly singing in her ear. My mom walked over to her. "Julianna I was mad at you, but I never ever want you to think that I don't want to see you." Julianna looked up and yelled.
"Then why was it so easy for you to divorce me from the family, why were you so fast to get rid of me. To make me an emancipated minor!"
"I regret my decision every day of my life after that!"
"Mom I can't right now I just can't!!!! Ariana I'm so sorry but I'll see you in the morning!"
"Wait Juju...wait please!!"
"Yes!"
"I am so sorry but this burden was so heavy I had to let it out, you guys need to work this out!"
"Now is not the time!"
"Please Julianna.....please!!"
"Come on babe let's go!! Ari feel better I'll see you in the morning!" She walked out of the room holding hands with Shawn. It got really crazy! Everyone went home except for me I stayed with her through the night! the next morning we got ready to fly out back home to L.A. the doctors let her out early because she was close to back to normal condition now. I was putting her suitcase into the van. I sat down next to her in the van as we drove to the hospital! "Thank you Nathan!"
"For what?"
"Everything, being my rock during this hard time, saving my life, and just everything."
"It's all good Ari, I'm just glad that you're ok!"
"I'm glad that now we can be together and hopefully, it will be better this time."
"I know it will." I kissed her head and sighed. This was it, my second chance to make things work!