Chapter 01

Carmela brushed the wrinkles of her dress and smoothed her long blonde hair that was braided neatly at the front. She adjusted the flower on the belt of her light pink dress and took a deep breath, pursing her rosy lips.

"Here goes nothing. Be sure to mess this up Carmela!" She grinned to herself before pushing open the door to the cafe and stepping inside. She strolled around the tables filled with chattering, munching people until she came to a table with a green rose placed at the center. A boy with dark brown hair and a handsome smirk stood tall as she approached. He held out his large hand and stretched his white teeth into a smile.

"Hello. You're very pretty for a blind date." He said with a deep voice, towering above Carmela. She cleared her throat as she took in his handsome complexion and seated herself across from him, as he sat down.

"Thanks. How are you, Mr. Kim?" She replied and let out a breath, sighing annoyingly. She wondered how her aunt thought she had a chance with this guy.

"Please, call me Taehyung." He offered her another breath-taking smile and called the waiter over. A tall women with a tight black bun rushed over and asked for their orders.

"Two Pumpkin Spice Lattes please." Taehyung told the women and brushed a stray curl out of his eyes. The waiter nodded and walked away. Carmela felt a burning anger in her stomach and sat up straight in her chair. She plastered a smile on her pursed lips and spat out fierce words.

"Hey, Kim Taehyung, you didn't even ask me what I wanted. What the hell is wrong with you?" Carmela said and smiled sweetly but struggled to keep her voice from losing control. She placed both hands nicely on her knee crossed over her other leg. The boy in front of her blinked twice before opening and closing his mouth, clearly struggling to say something.

"I-well, I thought that everyone likes Pumpki-" He stumbled over his words before Carmela cut him off.

"Pumpkin Spice? Ha! Dude, open your eyes man, get out of that hole you just crawled out of, huh? LITERALLY no one drinks that shit!" Carmela laughed and watched the shocked face of the boy her aunt had forced her to meet. Taehyung's cheeks turned a light pink and he straightened the collar of his brown shirt. Carmela smiled sweetly at him again and brought the glass of water, that was resting in front of her, to her lips. Tucking her hair behind her ear, her gaze followed the lady on her way to their table with a tray of their two drinks. Carmela eyed them and felt her stomach yearn for the delicious latte arriving. But she reminded herself to stay under control and get this over with once again.

At least this time the guy was actually handsome for a start. But he was just like the rest of men she had encountered. Shallow and caring no further than her appearance. Blind dates only go well if both sides consider each other attractive. That's how they worked, Carmela thought. If you're pretty, you get literally everything.

The lady with the tight bun set the tray in front of them and wished them a good time.

Taehyung cleared his throat nervously and said, "I could get you another drink if you want?" He uncomfortably stared at the two cups and shifted in his seat.

"No that's alright. I think I'll be leaving now." Carmela swung the strap of her purse over her bare shoulder and stood from her seat. Taehyung did the same, towering over her small figure, but she could tell he was cowering from her powerful aura.

"Wait! Carmela, I'm sorry, it was a mistake! Really, I was stupid and rude for ignoring your choice. Please give me another chance." He pouted his lips and Carmela was surprised to find herself smile at them. An actual, true admiring smile... she shuddered at herself and brought her eyes to his pleading ones.