CHAPTER 8

Lightning strikes first followed by the thunder, but we don't notice the lightning and just get frightened by the thunder. Same way, hearing what people say can be one thing, but doing what you feel about it can be another. If noticed, lightning is really beautiful.

It took everything in Aayan to send that 2 letter word.

Hi.

After the girls left, the boys drove back to the office.

Aayan kept staring at his hand. Then came out of his exterior, shook his head and looked ahead, Zubair was driving.

On the way to the office Aayan narrated all that had happened in the past few hours to Zubair.

With the screeching of the tires, the car came to an over dramatic stop, at the entrance of Aayan's company building.

Zubair stared at Aayan with a shocked expression, with both his eyes bulging out.

Aayan gave Zubair a bored look and exited the car.

He entered his company building and started walking towards the elevator,and entered along with his employees.

Aayan was a carefree boss. He would only get angry at his employees when they don't do their work properly. Other times, he is just polite to them, not over friendly like Zubair.

Just when the elevator was about to close, Zubair dashed into it. And murmed a small sorry.

One by one all the employees left the elevator. Aayan's and Zubair's office was situated at the top and final floor, floor number 43.

When the last employee got down on level 21, Zubair came and stood next o Aayan immediately.

"So that's why she gave you her number, so, that you could contact her about the matter. " Zubair said to Aayan or more like informing himself.

Aayan nodded looking ahead.

"I wondered why she didn't give me her number" Zubair said to himself in a low and almost sad voice, but Aayan heard and smirked at his friend.

Aayan kind of had an idea who this her was.

They got down on there floor and started moving to Aayan's office. Zubair was in deep thoughts.

He greeted his secretary who was sitting behind his desk and half opened his office door, but looked back to his secretary and said "Mason, don't let anyone in today, I am busy."

That's when Aayan noticed his friend standing in the middle of the hall way, with a finger on his chin and in deep thoughts.

What is that idiot thinking so hard about?

Mason got nervous and was about to say something but Aayan entered his office and regretted it immediately.

"Aayan." said a soft voice

Aayan looked up to find, Farheen, One of Aayan's most wise shareholders daughter.

Farheen had fallen in love with Aayan the moment she saw him and since then, she has been buzzing around him like a bee.

Farheen behaves exactly how Aayan likes a woman to behave. Talk softly, lower your gaze when other men are around, dress in a classic Indian attire, always covering your head, clean and tidy, etc etc etc......

Farheen would do anything to please Aayan as she loved him with all her heart.

God, why doesn't she get a hint that I am not into her.