CHAPTER 75

Love is painful, stressful, requires time and attention and most importantly, affection. Love is costly, love is cheap, love is blind, love is foolish, love is this, love is that but in the end, it's all worth it. Because love is love.

Ruhee and Aayan were seated in the bussiness class seats of the flight. Aayan was sitting next to the window while Ruhee sat next to him. Ruhee was being all grumpy and bored, 'Ammi didn't have to book a bussiness class ticket. Economy would have been just fine, why spend so much money?' Aayan signed as he read the daily paper. It was the nth time Ruhee had complained about spending too much for a flight, 'Ruhee, your husband earns enough to afford a bussiness class flight. So, stop whining.' Aayan told her skimming the paper. Ruhee turned to him and said, 'I know, but still.'

Just then, the air hostess came to their seats, 'Would you like some refreshments, ma'am?' She asked. Ruhee looked at her then at the cart and leaned over to Aayan, 'She will cost it if I order something, right?' Aayan signed and closed his paper. He looked at the smiling air hostess and said, 'Two Salami Sandwiches, one cup of Americano and a sugar free mixed fruit juice for the lady.' Ruhee stared at him and asked, 'Why sugar free for me?' With a pout. The air hostess placed their food before them and moved on, 'Because my wife should not have too much sugar. Drink up.' Aayan said handing her, her cup of juice which she sipped in. Ruhee leaned back in her seat, still grumpy.

But I wanted a coffee aswell.
Can I exchange it? What if she charges for that? No No. This juice is not bad anyways.

Ruhee and Aayan where done with their snacks. Aayan went back to reading his paper while Ruhee just sat idle. It was a long flight and Aayan was not telling her where they were going no matter how much she asked, so she gave up. Ruhee looked to the left to see an adorably chubby baby sitting on a females lap, who was talking to someone on her left. The baby was staring at her. Ruhee smiled at the baby and started making weird faces which caused the baby to crack up in laughter. The mother of the baby noticed the sudden joy and turned to look at Ruhee and smiled at her, Ruhee smiled back. After sometine of playing with the baby from a far, the baby fell asleep, 'I also want a baby.' Ruhee said out loud, staring at the sleeping baby, 'That's why we are going on a Honeymoon.' Ruhee heard Aayan say and she turned to him shocked.

How can he say such things out loud?

They had finally landed after a treacherous long flight, at least for Ruhee. She had not sat in the same place for more than 10 minutes and here she sat for more than 10 hours. They walk out of the airport and wait for the appointed driver, 'Aayan, can you atleast tell me now were we are?' Ruhee asked. Aayan turned his attention from his mobile to her and asked, 'You didn't read the boards?' Ruhee shook her head. She was so exhausted, she didn't even read the boards inside the airport. Aayan blinked for a moment and turned away. Ruhee glared at him but it didn't affect him at all. Ruhee huffed and stopped a passenger walking by, 'Excuse me, can you tell me what place this is?' The passenger looked around and said, 'The Airport.'

Why am I dealing with crack heads today?

Ruhee took a deep breath and asked again, 'I mean, which country is this?' 'This is not a country, It's an Island. You are in Mauritius, my lady.' The man said to her. Ruhee blinked a few times as she couldn't believe her ears. The man waited for a Thank you, but Ruhee was too busy digesting the information, so he huffed and walked away. Ruhee turned to Aayan and pulled on his sleeve to call him. He turned to her, 'We are in Mauritius.' Ruhee said it, but Aayan couldn't hear her well as she spoke very very low. Aayan rised his eyebrows in question. Ruhee gave him a big blown smile from ear to ear and yelled, 'WE ARE IN MAURITIUS!' Aayan jolted back at her sudden out burst. Ruhee looked around her in so much excitement and happiness, that Aayan could literally see stars twinkling in her eyes.