CHAPTER 77

I don't believe in Happy Endings, cause I don't wanna believe in Endings as I don't want things to End. If we die in this world, people think it's the End. They tend to forget that their is a hereafter which has no ending, and Happy is all we'll be.

Ruhee was making breakfast and Aayan was having his morning coffee while reading the newspaper. Sahma was seated on the dinning table talking what not with Ruhee. Ruhee placed the breakfast on the table and called out to Aayan. The old family of two, now three, sat together for breakfast, 'Ruhee, you are going to your parents house today, right?' Sahma asked in between the meal. Ruhee looked up, 'Yes, Ammi. I'll be leaving after lunch and will be back before dinner.' Ruhee informs her, 'oh  No No, dear. You are going home after so long. Take your time and have dinner with your family and return back. Aayan...' Sahma turns to her son and he looks up at her, '...You also have dinner there and come. Don't worry about me, I also need some lone time for myself.' Ruhee was about to protest but Aayan stopped her.

It has been three days since Ruhee and Aayan are back from their honeymoon and things have gone back to normal. Aayan and Ruhee would get up in each others arms in the Morning. Ruhee would prepare breakfast and then Aayan would leave for work. Ruhee would spend the day at home with Sahma and Aayan in the office. He would come home for dinner and go to bed, the usual. Ruhee's sixth semester in college starts next week, she is super excited for that aswell. Ruhee was visiting her parents home for the first time after she got married so she is pretty excited. She had bought so many gifts for them.

After lunch, Ruhee was getting ready and packing all the gifts as Aayan was going through his mobile. Ruhee had already called her Ammi and informed that they were coming over and instantly her mother said that she would not let them leave without having dinner. Ruhee laughed at her mother and agreed, 'Ruhee, Are you done yet?' Aayan yelled in the room, 'Coming.' Ruhee said from inside the closet. Ruhee came out holding two big paper bags, 'Let's go.' She said with a beaming smile.

Aayan looked up from his mobile and smiled at his wife as he got up. Aayan bent down to grab the bags from his wife's hands and stood back straight not before pecking her lips, 'Aayan.' Ruhee scolded him as she wiped his lips, 'You got my lip tint on you now.' 'Then don't apply any.' Aayan said nonchalantly and walked past her out the door, ignoring Ruhee's intense glare, 'We are getting late.' Aayan called out and Ruhee ran out the door.

Ruhee's mother opened the door and saw Ruhee and Aayan standing out. They greeted each other and walked in. Aayan was seated on the sofa while Ruhee ran into her room. She opened her bedroom with a big bang that caused her brother to startle and drop his file, 'What the heck, Woman!' Her brother exclaimed picking up the file, 'Nice to see you too, bro.' Ruhee said with sarcasm and walked in to lay flat on her bed, 'I missed you, my bed.' She hugged her pillow and said, 'You too, my pillow.' 'Now, those things belong to Sana.' Her brother informed her. Ruhee ignored what he said and hugged her pillow closer.

The door was banged open again and it startled Ian again causing him to drop the file, but this time it was due to Sana, 'Didi!!' Sana yelled and jumped into her sister's arms, 'I swear, I am not living with peacefully people.' Ian said picking up his file, again. Ruhee ignored him again and hugged her sister close to herself. She pulled away and asked her beaming sister, 'Has my little girl been taking care of herself and others while Didi was gone?' Ruhee asked her sister and she nodded enthusiastically, 'Good girl.' Ruhee said pinching her cheeks which Sana pushed away with a scrunch of her nose.

Ruhee pulled out a big Art and Craft set from the paper bags she bought and handed it to Sana. Sana's eyes went wide as a saucer. Sana was too much into arts and crafts and she was very good at it, so Ruhee bought her this, 'Thank you, Didi.' Sana said hugging her sister and ran out the room yelling, 'Abba, look what Didi got for me.' Ruhee pulled out another big box and threw it over to her brother as it landed on the file he was reading, She did that wantedly. Ian closed his eyes with annoyance and said, 'Can I not read a simple file in peace?' 'No. Now, open and see if you like it.' Ian gave a bored looked and kept his file aside and opened the box. Ian's eyes went wide as he pulled out a pair of black and white Adidas 2.0 sneakers. Ian loved shoes and these were perfect. Another package was thrown at him, 'And these are your usual pairs of black jeans.' Ruhee said walking out the room.

She entered the kitchen to see her mother cooking up a feast, 'Ammi, we are here for dinner and not a party. Why cook so much?' 'Oh, You have come home after so long. This is the least I could do.' Ruhee signed and stood behind her mother as she stirred the curry. Ruhee quickly placed a Further silver pendant on her mother's neck and locked it. Ruhee's mother placed a hand on it and looked at it, 'What is this?' 'A gift from Mauritius.' Ruhee replied, 'It was not needed.' Her mother said and Ruhee shrugged.

Ruhee helped her mother in the kitchen for a while before she was shoved out. Ruhee walked into the living room to see Aayan and her Father having a chat, 'What is the hot topic?' Ruhee said as she sat next to her father, 'Just talking how the share market is.' Ruhee's father replied, looking at his daughter, 'Something that I won't get and am not interested in aswell.' Ruhee said and placed a box in her fathers hand. Her father looked at it and asked, 'What is this?' 'Open the box and find out.' Her father opened the box to find a Rolex watch, 'Why did you spend so much?' Her father didn't say to Ruhee, but he looked at Aayan.

Aayan didn't know how to reply so he looked at Ruhee for help, 'Oh Abbu, I asked him to buy it.' Ruhee's father still looked at Aayan, 'Ruhee doesn't know how to handle money. You should have stopped her.' Aayan looked at Ruhee for help but she urged him to speak. Aayan scratched his head and spoke, 'Money doesn't matter, sir. It's whether you like it or not.' 'I do like it but the cost..' Emaan Shariff started but Ruhee interrupted, 'Oh, Abbu. Stop it. You like it na, so chill.' Ruhee's father was still looking at Aayan, 'You don't need to call me "Sir" Aayan, you can call me "Abba or Abbu".' Aayan was surprised for a moment and he looked at Ruhee. She just gave him a pleasant smile and Aayan looked back at Ruhee's father and replied, 'Okay,......Abba.' Emaan Shariff gave a satisfied nod.

'Dinnertime.' Ruhee's mother called out and everyone gathered for the feast. Ruhee's parents kept on refilling Aayan's plate again and again, while Ruhee just snickered at her husbands nervous behaviour. He couldn't deny neither eat that much. After dinner, they spoke for sometime and left for home. They reached home and Ruhee went to check the dinner she had made for Sahma to find it eaten. She walked up to her room, got changed. Aayan had already changed and was laying on the bed. Ruhee jumped into bed, hugging Aayan and laying her head on his chest as Aayan hugged her back.

'Today was nice.' Ruhee said, 'Yeah.' Aayan replied his eyes closed, 'How is your tummy?' Ruhee asked poking his stomach. Aayan placed his hand were Ruhee was poking and said, 'If you don't want me to puke all over you, stop.' Ruhee immediately stopped, 'And I am full to my throat. No offense, your parents are incredible, but do they see me as someone who has not eaten for days? They kept feeding me on and on.' Aayan exclaimed. Ruhee snickered and said, 'That's their way of showing love and affection.' 'I know.' Aayan said, hugging her closer. They soon fell asleep.

The constant ringing of the bell stirred Ruhee in her sleep. She moved Aayan's arm from around her to get off of bed. She walked down to see Sahma had also woken up due to the bell. Ruhee was about to open the door when Aayan's voice boomed, 'Who on earth is ringing the bell at 2AM in the morning.' Aayan walked down annoyed and towards the door. Ruhee moved aside as Aayan pulled the door open, It was Zainab, Saif and others.

Aayan looked at them confused. Zainab pushed him aside and went to hug Ruhee with a big smile. Everyone walked in half asleep except Saif who was also beaming. Aayan looked at a half asleep Zubair who just shook his head accompanied by a yawn. Ruhee patted Zainab's back as she hugged her. She pulled back and went to hug Sahma. The others settled themselves on the couch as Zainab dragged Ruhee, Sahma and Aayan to sit aswell, 'What is going on?' Sahma asks Shifa who said, 'She had some big news it seems and she wanted everyone together before she said it.'

Aayan's face turned annoyed and he turned away to snuggle into Ruhee's neck. Aayan almost fell asleep when Ruhee pushed him away. He wanted to whine but was interrupted by Zainab, 'So, now that everyone is here, we have big news.' Zainab said looking at Saif. They held their hands together as everyone except Zubair and Aayan, looked at them with anticipation. Zainab took a deep breath and said it, 'We are gonna be parents!' As soon as those words left her mouth, Sahma, Shifa and Ruhee jumped to stand up with gleam in their eyes as they pushed Saif away and hurled around Zainab.

Ruhee turned to look at Aayan and Zubair who had fallen asleep on the couch, Faiz was congratulating Saif while Shifa and Sahma were beaming around Zainab who kept touching her stomach.

My Accidental Nikkah sure was a blessing.