CHAPTER 15

For it to rain, a whole water cycle needs to occur. For a rainbow to appear, the sunshine and the rainfall should reflect at each other. Even for a bad deed to occur, it takes time, same way, for a good deed to occur, it takes time.

Ruhee and Aayan got up at 4:45 am and performed their morning prayers. Aayan left for his morning jog, while Ruhee, went down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Sahma wanted to eat stuffed potato roties with curd. She planned on preparing the lunch as well in the process. When she spoke to Sahma yesterday, she found out that, Sahma eats lunch at 2 pm, while Aayan just eats take outs at the office.

Ruhee's college is over by 1 pm and she'll be home by 1:30 pm. She can pre heat the food and have it along with Sahma, since Aayan eats out, she was planning to pack him a lunch box.

I cannot have my husband eating take outs everyday.

Ruhee stops mid motion. She just referred Aayan, as her husband. She didn't want to, but it just came out.

It must have come out in flow, yeah that's right, in flow.

She then continues kneeding the flour. She looks up to find Aayan standing there. He had just returned from his jog, he was wearing a sports tank top and tracks with sport shoes. His arms were on full display, covered with sweat. Ruhee just stared at his biceps, blinking.

Man, he has muscles.

A clearing of throat is heard. Ruhee breaks from her trance and looks at a particular brown eyes, staring right back at her raven black ones. They just stare for a moment, Aayan takes a breath in and asks, "Where is Carlos?"

Ruhee blinks and replies, "Uhh...., Aah yes, Carlos. I had called him today morning and told him to take rest today. Ammi wanted to eat Indian food, so I am gonna cook for her today." Aayan just nods his head and takes a sip from his bottle.

Sweat was dripping from his forehead, down his face, under his chin to the little amount of exposed muscular chest, to soak his already wet top.

Is it getting hot in here?

Ruhee fans herself with the hand, forgetting that she was kneeding dough, causing the flour to fall on her face. Ruhee scrunches her face, closing her eyes, realising her mistake. She rubs her face with the back of her hand, to get rid of the flour.

She looks up at Aayan to find him staring at her. Aayan had sucked his lips in, and eyes held amusement. Ruhee frowned at him, "Do you need anything?" she asks.

Aayan clears his throat and coughs a bit before replying, "I usually have Carlos make me a coffee after my jog." "Oh, I'll make it. You go freshen up till then." Aayan nods and looks at Ruhee for a minute before climbing up the stairs. Ruhee continues to do her work.

She had done everything. The roties were made and kept on the dining table, next to a bowl of curd. The lunch preparations were also done. She was placing a lunch box in a lunch bag, when Aayan walked down, dressed in a white shirt, under a gray coat and matching gray pants with a black tie.

He even dresses up in gray and white.

Ruhee closes the zip of the lunch bag securing it. Aayan comes to sit at the head seat of the dining table, after picking up the newspaper he had placed on the teapoy, when he came back from his jog. Ruhee goes and places a cup of hot coffee before him.

He picks the cup and takes a sip, starting to reading the newspaper.

Not even a thank you, arrogant much.

"Don't you have college today?" Aayan asks. "I do." she replies. "Then aren't gonna get ready?", he says still reading the paper and sipping his coffee. "I'll leave at 7:00 am...." and she looks at the clock to see it already 7:03 am "..... Oh God, I'm gonna be late." saying this, she rushes to their room, quickly takes a shower, dresses up in her casuals, puts on her Abaya and hijab, grabs her backpack and rushes out the door.

She runs down the stairs, picks the breakfast she had packed for herself and places it in her bag, runs to Sahma's door and knocks it before opening and popping her head in, "Ammi, I am leaving." Sahma was sitting on the bed, reading the Quran, she looks at Ruhee and smiles before saying, "Be safe." Ruhee smiles back at her, closing the door. She turns to look at Aayan, now standing up, "Come, I'll drop you." he says looking at his watch.

"No, it's okay. I'll take the metro as usual." saying this, she dashes to the door when a voice stops her, "Wait!". She looks back at Aayan in a hurry. He points to the lunch bag on the kitchen counter and says, "You left your lunch bag." Ruhee looks at him, then at the lunch bag, "It's your lunch to take to the office, bye." saying this, she turns around not bothering to see his reaction, and out the door.

She runs to the metro station, looking at her watch.

7:27 am. You can do this Ruhee.

And she starts running faster.

Ruhee reaches her college at exactly 7:53 am and her college starts at 7:55 am. As soon as she enters the gates, she rests her hands on her knees and breathes in heavily.

Made it.

She now walks to her class, feeling anxious. While Ruhee was sitting inside the train, she feared one thing or three people, the most, her friends. She knew they were waiting for Monday to come.

She was gonna face them for the first time since everything, and she feared their questions. She was now few steps away from her class when she stops.

Allah, as soon as I enter the class, make sure a teacher walks in and begins her class, please.

She closes her eyes, and breaths in before moving forward to enter her class. She greets everyone in the class as she enters.

"The first girl to enter the class is almost late today, I wonder why?" Jian's voice reaches Ruhee's ears as she goes to sit between her friends. All four of them sit at the same bench, from the right, the order goes like this, Aina, Afza, Ruhee and Jian.

She settles down and looks at them, Aina was standing leaning her back over the desk, arms crossed looking at her. Afza had turned herself towards Ruhee and stared at her, she looked at Jian, her elbow on the desk and her head, resting on her hand.

They look like they have come to a library, and are waiting for the story teller, to read the story.

Ruhee releases a breath of relief when the teacher walks in. They all stand up to greet the teacher. They settle down when Ruhee hears Afza's voice near her ear,"You are gonna have to tell us everything in detail, anyway." and she pays her attention back to the teacher at front.

Ruhee signs.

It's gonna be a long day.