CHAPTER 26

Have you ever wondered, whether the moon felt jealous of the sun? Sun has his own bright light, but the moon needs to borrow his to shine. You know what I think? I think the sun is jealous of the moon. When the sun is shining bright in the sky, we hide from its scorching rays, but when the same sun, shares his light with the moon, we wish to sit under that light, and gaze up at the sky.

When we feel jealous or envy someone, remember, they might also feel the same. Maybe towards you, or someone or something else. We were born with these feelings, we should learn to accept them, and not let it go out of control or wish for the worse.

It's the weekend and Ruhee has been excited to be able to meet her saviour again, also know as, Huzayl Ali. She has been making stuffed meat rotis for him as he loved them. Aayan was home, and he got annoyed everytime seeing Ruhee's excitement and happiness, as it was not because of him.

I wonder what she sees in that Huzayl guy. He is just a normal engineer.

Ruhee was more excited to hear his good news.

I wish that good news is of him going abroad for good.

Huzayl was gonna come for dinner as he had to visit his parents first.

I wish his parents make him stay the night.

"You are gonna break the laptop at this rate." Aayan heard Sahma's voice, and looked up to her. They were seated in the living room after evening coffee, while Ruhee was preparing dinner in the kitchen. With every passing minute, Aayan was typing furiously on the laptop, and Sahma noticed." Oh." is what Aayan said and looked at Ruhee, humming to herself.

He scowled at her behaviour and went back to typing on his laptop, this time, a bit patiently. "Ruhee seems really happy to meet Huzayl again. I haven't seen her this happy since she came here."Sahma said, eyeing Aayan mischievously. On hearing this, Aayan pressed the space bar so hard, it broke. He stared at his now broken keyboard. Sahma just snickered.

Aayan just closed the laptop with force, picked it up along with his files and went to his room, grunting. He went to his room, threw his stuff on the bed, and sat down with a heavy sign. He rubbed his face and looked towards the gray couch.

Aayan had strictly told her to sleep on the bed, but when he came home from work the next day, he saw Ruhee peaceful sleeping on the couch. He knew she was only pretending to be asleep as it was only 7pm. He signed at her, but couldn't stop the smile that made its way to his lips, at her cute behaviour.

The door bell rang, and Aayan quickly got up from the bed. "He's here." he heard Ruhee's excited squeal, and he dashed out the door annoyed. He went downstairs to see Ruhee, smiling at the bouquet of white roses in her hand, while Huzayl just smiled at her. Aayan scowled at them, and went to stand beside Ruhee.

On feeling Aayan's presence beside her, Ruhee looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back at her, forgetting his previous mood. Huzayl's greeting him, brought Aayan back to his annoying mood. Aayan greeted him back, and everyone moved to sit in the living room. Ruhee quickly ran up to her room and placed the flowers in a vase and came back down, to sit next to Sahma.

She was all bubbly and happy today. Aayan felt relieved at her mood, since she was quite sick a few days ago, but the reason behind her mood was really getting to him. "So, how are you feeling now, bunny?" Huzayl asked, and Ruhee just pouted at the nickname he gave her. "Bunny?" Aayan asked, frowning. Huzayl looked at him and said, "Whenever I see her or speak to her, she is either bouncing or talking to fast. So, I named her bunny." he said the last part, turning to look at Ruhee.

Aayan's annoyance just grew ten times more. He looked at Ruhee, who was now glaring at Huzayl, who just smiled at her glare.

Bunny?! Like seriously! What are you? In kindergarten? giving each other nicknames.