CHAPTER 20

A lonely star in the nighy sky, is not as pretty, when it is surrounded by more. A single rain drop is not rain, until more drops follow. A single coloured rainbow cannot be as pretty as a seven coloured one. Same way, one always needs to have someone with them, that make them shine, flow and appear colourful.

Some call them family, while some have friends, but the truth is, both are equally important.

No matter how annoying Zubair might be, without him, Aayan cannot flow or shine. Aayan might have not been colourful, but a new addition to his family, is surely bringing out his colours.

It's been two weeks since Ruhee moved in with Aayan, and things are going nice. His mother is enjoying a new company, he gets a lunch bag for work, he is home by 8pm to 8:30pm, the yellow beanie was still stuck on her head. Life was going good.

It is Friday night, and everyone was sitting in the living room watching TV. A scene of friends enjoying at home is displayed, Sahma looks at Ruhee and says, "Why don't you invite your friends over tomorrow?" Ruhee and Aayan look at Sahma, "I'll be going over to my sister's house tomorrow, Aayan will be in the office, you'll be all alone, so why don't you invite them over?"

Sahma was right in a away. Last week Sahma was home, so Ruhee was not alone, this week it might be different. Aayan had already thought about it, and decided to stay at home for Ruhee.

"Can I really invite them?" Ruhee asks, with happiness. "Of course, you can." Sahma says smiling at her. Ruhee yelped with happiness and went over to Sahma to give her a big hug, and ran upstairs to her room. Sahma and Aayan smiled at her behaviour. Aayan looked back at his mother, to find her looking at him, and he quickly hides his smile. Sahma says her goodnight and goes to her room.

Aayan switches of the TV, and goes up the stairs, to his room.

It will be nice for Ruhee as well.

He enters the room to see Ruhee enthusiastically texting away on her mobile. She had changed into her night wear. Aayan enters the closet to change aswell. He comes out wearing a black t-shirt and sweatpants. He switches of the lights and lays down on the bed. Ruhee excitedly goes to sleep aswell. After sometime, Aayan could hear a excited squeal,causing him to smile.

Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

Aayan had gotten up early to drop his mother at her sisters house. On his way back, he had bought some cold drinks for today's guests. He enters the house to see Ruhee busy in the kitchen. She was happily moving around cooking. Aayan just smiled at her and kept the drinks in the fridge.

He goes into his room to get ready for work, they had already had their breakfast. He came down to find his lunch bag ready, he picked it up and said his byes to Ruhee and was about to leave when, "Wait!" he turns around to find Ruhee walking towards him. She goes to stand before him and says, "It would be nice if you would come home later, maybe in the evening. My friends wanted to meet you aswell." Aayan looks at her, being all shy. He smiles and almost instantly, covers it up before saying, "We'll see." and is out the door.

He gets in his car and puts in his seat belt, he places his hands on the stirring and rests his head.

God, why is my heart beating so fast these days, whenever she is close to me.

He straightens himself and is off to work.

Aayan had eaten his lunch and it was gonna be 4:30pm, when the door slams open. "You are gonna break my door someday." Aayan says, reading his file. "Bro, why did you come today when you had already planned not to?" Zubair exclaims, whining.

Aayan looks at Zubair, who was now sitting in a chair before the table, pouting. "Since Ammi is not home today, Ruhee might have been alone at home, so I thought I'll stay back." hearing this, Zubair smirks. "But...." Aayan continues, giving him an annoyed look, "She has invited her friends home, so I came to office." Now, Zubair held shock on his face.

"Bro, her friends are home! That's all the more reason to stay back, in fact, you should have invited me as well." Zubair said, like Aayan had committed a crime. Aayan just gave him a bored look and went back to reading his file. After sometime,"What if Huzayl is also invited?" Zubair said mischievously, this got Aayan's attention and looks up to a smirking Zubair.

"I mean, she said friends, did she mention who all? Or whether they all were girls only?" Aayan shook his head, slowly. "As far as I've heard, Huzayl also seems like Ruhee's friend." Aayan got up abruptly, looking at Zubair. He closed his file, picked up his bag and lunch bag, and out the door, Zubair following with triumph smile. They got in the car and Aayan drove in full speed.

She wouldn't invite him! I mean, they have known each other for only two weeks. But she is fond of him. Oh God!!

They reach home, and Aayan walks to the front door, typing in the passcode.

If I see that guy inside, I might kill him.

He opens the door and walks in hurriedly to see four laughing girls. Who were now staring at him, and Zubair. Aayan scanned the leaving room, peaked to look into the kitchen or elsewhere. He looked up the stairs and signed in relief.

He is not here.

Ruhee had come to stand before him now, with her friends behind her. "You came back early?" Ruhee asks softy, "Uh... Umm, Yeah!" was all that came out of his mouth. He looked behind her to see her friends, all holding various expressions. "Oh, where are my manners?" Ruhee says, and gives Aayan more view of her friends.

"Aayan, meet my friends, Jian,..." she points at a girl, wearing a black hijab, with a snake print long button down shirt and black jeans, who held an accusing look, "Also known as yellow scarf." Jian added, nodding at him. "Aina..." Ruhee points to the girl beside Jian, who was wearing a checked button down light blue shirt and faded blue jeans with a gray hijab, who held a pleasant yet awkward expression, "Also known as pink scarf." Aina adds, nodding at Aayan. Then Ruhee points to the last girl, "And Afza." who was wearing a violet long top and faded blue jeans, with dark pink hijab. "Also known as the girl your friend....." she points at Zubair, who was now sheepishly smiling while scratching his head, "..... dragged along." she said, annoyed.

Ruhee points to Aayan and says, "And girls, this is Aayan, my....." Ruhee drags, not finding a word. "Husband." Aayan completes, and Ruhee just stares at him. "Temporary." Ruhee's two friends, Jian and Afza, say while glaring at Aayan, and Aina just smacks them. "Ow!" they say, rubbing their heads.

"Why don't we all sit down?" Ruhee says, breaking the awkward moment. They all nod their heads and walk towards the living room to settle down. Ruhee had gone to get Aayan and Zubair their drinks. While, Jian and Afza just glared at Aayan, who was awkwardly shifting in his seat. Aina just shook her head at her friends behaviour.

Ruhee placed their cold drinks before them and sat in her seat, next to Afza, on the right. Aina and Jian were sitting on the left side, and Zubair and Aayan in the centre of the sofa. Aayan quickly gulped half off his drink.

These girls scare me.

"So, what were you girls doing?" Zubair asks, staring at Afza, who was annoyed at him. Aayan looked at Ruhee, she was wearing a white top with a black forest print and black jeans, with a black hijab. She looked nice as usual. He just smiled at her.

"We were about to play truth or dare. Wanna join us?" Ruhee asked, "Of course." Zubair answered. "Cool." Ruhee placed a bottle in the middle. "The top of the bottle points out the person who asks the questions, while the bottom one answers. Cool?" saying this Ruhee looks around for approval. She smiles and spins the bottle, "Start."

It is gonna be one interesting evening.