CHAPTER 32

When you look at the clouds, you can see that they don't move, but we know that they do. They move so slowly that we don't even know it. Then after sometime you see, the entire alignment of the clouds has changed, because they moved on.

So, you might be hurt now, but things are moving, so be patient, this time will also move. It might be going slow, but it will be gone soon.

Aayan didn't know that the articles and comments would upset Ruhee so much. Yesterday when she cried, he just let her. He didn't say anything or ask anything, he just let her let it go. It was hurting him seeing her that way, but he did not know what else he could do.

Ruhee was all gloomy today, she woke up, took a shower, got changed for college and went downstairs for breakfast. She packed it and left to college, before saying goodbye. Aayan just stared at her as she dragged herself to college. He wanted to tell her not to go and rest, but it was better if she went, would keep her mind off things.

"So, did you find out why she has been down lately?" Sahma asks her son, they were having breakfast. Aayan signs and looks at his mother. He contemplates whether to tell her or not, but then he does. "So, you mean she is all upset because of media pressure?" Sahma asks, worried. "Maybe." Aayan replies. "Oh my poor child." Sahma says. "You should do something to cheer her up." Sahma suggests.

Aayan looks at his mother and blinks, "Me?" he asks. "Yes, You." Sahma replies."But what should I do?" he asks her, "I don't know. This generation is out of my mind." Sahma says, Aayan just blinks at her, "If it were the olden days, I would love it if someone sang for me while playing the guitar, and Roses fall over my head..."Sahma just goes on with her imaginary romance.

Me? Sing? While playing the guitar? It's like telling a fish to walk.

Aayan just looks at his mother incredulously, while she just kept talking to space. He reached his office and sat down in his seat to begin his work. After few minutes he stops, and places his pen on his chin, thinking. What Sahma had told him kept running in his mind.

Do something to cheer her up? But what?

He presses the the bell and calls in Mason, and he walks in, holding his tab. Aayan had no clue what he was supposed to tell him, "Mason, I want you to find ways to cheer a girl up?" he says. Mason notes it down in his tab, "Yes sir, Anything els.... Sorry, What!?" Mason asks again in disbelief. Aayan just looks away and says, "Mason, You know I don't like repeating myself." he says, "And I want that before lunch." Aayan adds. Mason nods his head, and leaves the office, doubtful.

God, what am I doing!?

It was almost lunch time and Aayan was completely concentrated on doing his work, a knock is heard on his door, and Mason walks in with his tab," Sir, I have what you requested." Aayan nods, keeps his pen down and looks at Mason, "Read it out." he says. Mason looks at his boss, blinking, "R-Read it... Out?" Mason stutters, Aayan signs, "This is the second time I am telling you today, that I don't like repeating myself." Aayan says. "I'm sorry sir. I'll read it out."

Mason looks at his tab and his face heats up. He clears his throat and begins, "There were alot of options available on the world wide web, so I picked out the top ten." Mason looks at his boss again, any signs of him telling him to stop, was not visible. He looks at his tab and continues, "Ten things to do to cheer your girl up.
1. Take her out on a date, try to distract her from her thoughts.
2. Hug her, so that she can feel loved.
3. Cuddle with her in bed and..."

"Okay, you can stop there." Aayan adds in between. Mason looks at his boss. Aayan had a flustered look on his face as he loosened his tie. "Just, mail me the rest." Aayan says and dismisses him. Mason walks out with a sign of relief. He actually escaped from reading further down. Mason had devoted most of his life to work, so he had no experience in dating or girls, and he was completely oblivious about his looks, that any girl would fall for.