CHAPTER 25

Do you know? Even the moon is dependent over the sun to shine. Without the light from the sun, the moon is just rock, but that doesn't mean the moon should not accept the light, after all, when describing beauty, you give the example of the moon, and not the sun.

So, when you have to depend on someone to shine, accept it. Because if the moon had denied the sun, we would have been succumbed by darkness at night.

Ruhee has not been allowed to move out of bed for the past three days. Aayan was always with her, getting her buttermilk or sugar free fresh juices. He would eat in the dinning hall, and run back up to Ruhee. Ruhee was on liquid diet for two days, and since yesterday, she has started consuming soup.

She had gained a little bit of energy to move around by now, but Aayan doesn't let her. As Afza had said, Ruhee becomes a baby when she is sick, and damn was that true. It was the second day, and Ruhee was fed up of drinking juices and wanted something spicy to eat. Aayan had not agreed to her, and Ruhee smacked him on his head. He was shocked for a moment but still denied.

For the past three days, Aayan was getting smacked on his head, one way or another. Ruhee either would want something spicy, or would deny to drink. Aayan would coo her into avoiding and drinking, along with getting smacked.

Ruhee has not been able to go to college, so her friends keep calling her to check up on her. After three days, today, Ruhee has finally lost her baby attitude and was extremely embarrassed.

Damn it! Why did I have to hit him so many times!!

Ruhee had been silent since morning and Aayan was starting to get worried. It was 12:00pm, and Aayan had bought her soup. He gave it to her in bed and looked at her as she drank quietly, not demanding spicy food,"Are you feeling okay?" Aayan asked, to which Ruhee only nodded concentrating on drinking the soup.

"Why are you so silent since morning? Do you feel like puking again!?" Aayan asks alarmed. Ruhee looked at him and shakes her head, "No no." Aayan visibly relaxes. Ruhee plays with the soup and says in a low voice, "Actually, I am sorry." Aayan rises his eyebrows at her, she looks at him for a moment and back to the soup, "I am sorry for hitting you." she says so softly that Aayan couldn't hear her.

He leans forward and asks, "What?" Ruhee closes her eyes tightly and says, "I am sorry for hitting you." this time, audible enough for Aayan to hear. He leans back and blinks at her. Ruhee looks at him under her eyes and then back to her soup.

Oh God! This is so embarrassing!

She hears a soft laugh and looks at Aayan, looking at her with amusement in her eyes. He gives her a teasing smile and says, "I didn't know you were so strong Ruhee, even when you were sick, you hit hard." rubbing the back of his head. Ruhee looks at him guilty, "Oh God, I am so sorry."

Aayan just laughs softly at her reaction. Ruhee pouts looking at him with a frown. Aayan smiles at her expression and gets up, "Finish your soup and have a shower. I'll be back." and he is out the door.

He is teasing me.

She quickly finishes her soup, and got out of bed. Went into the closet to pick out some clothes, and into the shower. After taking a long hot shower, Ruhee felt refreshed. She stares at her reflection in the mirror and signs. Her entire face looked so dull. She was dressed in a marron coloured palazzo and an Ash blue, ankle length t-shirt with side slits.

She dried her hair with the towel as she exited the bathroom to the closet and into the room. She was so busy wiping her hair, she didn't notice a pair of brown eyes, admiring her. She looked up to find Aayan staring at her, holding a tray of fresh juice in his hands. They just stared at each other. Ruhee was the first to look away, but Aayan still looked her. She cleared her throat and asked, "Is that for me?" "Huh?" Aayan's eyebrows rose, and Ruhee pointed to the tray in his hand. He looked down, then back at her and said, "Oh.. Yeah... Yes. I mean, its for you." he goes to place it next to the empty bowl of soup on the bed side table, and picks up the bowl and places it on the tray.

He looks at her, then back at the tray, then again at her and then at front, "I need to wash the clothes." he said nervously and was out the door in a flash. Ruhee laughed softly at him and went to sit on the bed, drying her hair.

I guess the maid didn't come today. That's why Aayan needs to wash the clothes. Note the sarcasm.

Ruhee smiled, remembering Aayan's flustered look, when he saw her like this. Her hair was almost dry, so she picked up the drink, to place it back down again when her mobile rang, it was Huzayl. She answered the call, "Hey Buddy." "Why does your voice sound tired?" was Huzayl's reply. Ruhee smiled, "Oh nothing, just some food poisoning." she replied. "What!!? Since when!?" he asks, alarmed. "Since Monday?" it sounded more like a question. "And you are telling me on Thursday!?" Huzayl responded.

Ruhee didn't feel like it was necessary to tell everyone that she was sick, she didn't even inform her family. But the fact that Huzayl was worried, made her smile. "I am coming to see you right now." he says. "No No." "Yes Yes, I am coming." the door to the bedroom opens and Aayan walks in. Ruhee looks at him and smiles, while Aayan avoids looking at her. Ruhee frowns.

What's with him?

"No Huzayl, you don't need to come. I am absolutely fine now. You can visit during the weekend if you really want to. You have work." Ruhee replies, and Aayan looks at her almost immediately on hearing Huzayl's name. Ruhee was taken aback by his sudden look." Okay fine, I'll visit during the weekend. I need to tell you a good news aswell. "

"What good news?" Ruhee asks, concentrating back on the call. "Nah - Uh! It's for the weekend." "Oh c'mon tell me now." Ruhee whines, "See you during the weekend princess." and he cuts the call. Ruhee pulls back her mobile and pouts at the screen. "So, Huzayl is coming this weekend?" Aayan asks sitting on the couch, reading a file. Ruhee looks at him and replies, "Yes. Apparently, he has some good news to say and also to see how I am doing." She replies excited and takes a sip of the juice, "I see." was Aayan's only reply.

"So how was washing the clothes?" Ruhee asks Aayan with a teasing smile. Ruhee could see a blush forming on his cheeks. He didn't look up to her and replied, "The maid had already done it. So I didn't have to do it. I need to give her a raise, she is doing her job well." he replies, flustered, "Uh - Huh." is all Ruhee says.

Ruhee drank the juice and layed down on the bed covering herself. She was feeling sleepy. She woke up to see Sahma sitting next to her. Ruhee got up and sat straight and smiled at her. Sahma touched her forehead and asked,"How are you feeling dear?" "I feel much better now, Ammi." Ruhee replied. Sahma smiled at her before placing a tray of food before her, which was kept on the bedside table. It was pulses salad and soup. Ruhee smiled to finally see solid food. She thanked Sahma and began eating.

She completed her meal quick. Sahma carried the tray out the room wishing Ruhee goodnight. Aayan walked in a little later. Ruhee was leaned back on the bed, texting her friends. He went to sit on the couch and opened his laptop to do some work.

After sometime he closed his laptop, that noise caught Ruhee's attention and looked at him. He was getting ready to sleep. Aayan had been sleeping on the couch for the past three days. As Ruhee had predicted before, the couch was too small for him. He had to fold his legs and sleep. Ruhee once saw half of his body hanging out the couch. She felt extremely guilty.

She got off the bed and went to stand before Aayan. He looked up at her, from adjusting his pillow, "You go sleep on the bed. I am well enough to sleep on the couch now." she said, smiling. He got up and folded his hands over his chest. Ruhee had to look up to him as he was atleast a feet taller than her.

Damn his height.

"You go sleep on the bed, now. End of discussion." he said, pointing at the bed. Ruhee opened her mouth to protest but Aayan held her shoulders, pushing her to sit on the bed. She looked up at him with a pout. He signed and made Ruhee lay down, covering her. He went back to the couch, after switching off the lights.

"I will be going to work tomorrow. And I want you to stay in bed and rest." He said, and Ruhee nodded, still pouting. Aayan couldn't see her, but he assumed she heard. He adjusted himself on the couch and lay down, all the while Ruhee kept staring at him. Soon he was fast asleep. Ruhee smiled at him. His one leg was hanging over the couch. Ruhee closed her eyes to sleep.

He will be a great husband.