CHAPTER 36

I read somewhere, that jealousy is caused when someone feels that they can be easily replaced. For some, jealousy is an act of love, friendship, care and worry and for some, just another emotion. I wonder what the moon and sun are jealous of?

But right now, Aayan can easily be replaced. Two months are almost gone and after another month, both of them are free to love and marry whomever they want.

Aayan was in his office, and Mason could tell that his boss is not in a good mood. Why would he be? His wife was gonna meet Huzayl Ali. No matter how delicious today's breakfast was, he couldn't enjoy it knowing she made this for him aswell.

Aayan was doing some important paper work when his office door was banged open, 'Hello, my dear best friend and cousin.' Zubair said, as he entered. Aayan didn't pay any heed to him and continued his work. Zubair sat in the seat before Aayan and observed him.

After sometime, he said, 'Seems like you are not happy.' Aayan once again, didn't answer him and continued his work. Zubair leans forward and places his elbows on the table, and gets a closer look of Aayan's expression, 'And judging by the expression, looks like Ruhee is the cause.' Aayan's pen, which was moving, stops.

Zubair smirks, and rests back in his chair. He was happy with his analysis. Aayan looked up to see Zubair smirking at him. Aayan was gonna say something but stopped as his mobile rang. He picked up the mobile, that was kept on his table to see that Ruhee was calling him. An unexpected smile grazed his lips as he answered the call. He cleared his throat and said, 'Hello!' Zubair just snickered at his friends behaviour.

'Hello, it's me.' He heard Ruhee say from the other line. 'Yeah, I know.' Aayan said. 'Are you busy?' Ruhee asks, 'No, currently I am not.' Aayan replied, eying his paperwork that needs to be done by today. 'Okay, um actually, remember how I told you that Huzayl was going to come to my college?' she told him. Aayan nods his head as he replies with a 'Yes.' Aayan's expression completely changes as he stands up from his chair.

'So, he wants to take me and my friends out for lunch. If you don't mind can I go?' she asks him. Aayan's grip on his mobile tightens as his eyes held murder. Zubair was getting scared with Aayan's expression. Aayan didn't reply for a moment. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath and replied, 'Sure, you can go. Just tell me to which restaurant you are going to?'

'Really!? Wait, let me ask Huzayl.' Ruhee says and the call goes silent for a moment. 'Yeah, okay. He says he is taking us to grillbox.' Ruhee informs him. 'Okay, Enjoy.' and he cuts the call. He slams the mobile on the table with so much force, that Zubair was shocked it didn't crack. Zubair looks up at Aayan to see him staring ahead while leaning on his table with his hands.

He is taking my wife out on a lunch!!!??

Aayan was seeing red. He had no idea why it was making him so angry but he was getting angry. 'So, what did Ruhee say?' Zubair asks calmly, not to set off the ticking bomb. 'He is taking her out for lunch.' Aayan says calmly, still staring ahead, 'How come she never went out for lunch with me?' Aayan questions himself. 'Because you might have never asked her.' Zubair states the obvious.

Aayan looks at Zubair with a frown, 'She is going with Huzayl because he asked her, have you ever asked her?' Zubair asks him. Aayan was silent for a moment then replies, 'No.', 'Then how can you expect her to go for lunch with you if you never asked her.' Zubair said, getting irritated at his stupid friend.

Aayan signs and sits back down on his chair and rests his head back. Zubair moves closer to Aayan and says, 'Listen, Sunday, Auntie is coming over to our place. So it will be only you and Ruhee. So, why don't you take her out? You know, for lunch. Then you can go to the mall and do some shopping, you know, by her something she'd like. What say?' Zubair suggests.