CHAPTER 55

We wouldn't have known that the sun is the cause of the moons brightness if someone hadn't told us.

Aayan was sitting in his office and vigorously writing in the file before him. It was clear that something was bothering him. After sometime of wasting his energy and aggression on the poor pen, he signs. He stares at the file, maybe that will solve his worry? But nope, not gonna happen. He signs again and looks up at the ceiling.

One month!?
I have to wait another month!!??

Yup, he was not okay with the one month wait. If he had the control, he would get married right now, but he can't. He looks back down to his file and begins writing. Yesterday when his mother came home and told him about the one month, he wanted to complain, but one look from his mother, and he shut up. He thought that maybe if Ruhee was also not okay with it, they can pull the date nearer, but no! She wanted to extend it even more, for three months. So, Aayan shut up, and Aayan wanted Ruhee to be happy at their wedding.

She was a bit upset last night, thinking whether her entire family will be able to attend their wedding or not. Aayan is her husband, and it's his responsibility to keep his wife happy all the time, so he needs to think of something about it. Aayan picked up his mobile and opened his gallery. He selected Ruhee's photo that she had sent yesterday. He looked at the picture and a smile automatically grazed his lips. She really looked beautiful, Aayan couldn't deny it. Not that she isn't pretty always, but yesterday, there sure was something new. Aayan touched her picture with his index finger.

So beautiful!

Just then, Aayan's office door was banged open, which startled Aayan, and he clumsily dropped his mobile. He looked at the door, to see Zubair walking towards him. Aayan glared at him and says, 'Can you not knock?' Zubair rises his eyebrows at him and asks, 'Oh ho! You have never asked me to knock after a certain point when you understood that I would never. What were you doing behind my back?' he wiggles his eyebrows. Aayan got a bit scared. Zubair would surely tease him for the rest of his life, if he found out he was staring at Ruhee's picture at work.

Aayan held his annoyed look and says, 'Nothing.' as he bends down to pick his mobile from the floor. As soon as he takes his mobile and sits straight, it is snatched from his hand, 'Oh c'mon. Since when have we had secrets.' Zubair says as he goes to open Aayan's mobile. Aayan's eyes widen as he quickly gets up from his chair and walks over to Zubair, 'Hey, give me my mobile.' Aayan says, but Zubair had already unlocked it. Aayan tries to get back his mobile, but Zubair moves away. Zubair looks at the screen and his eyes grow wide. Soon, he starts laughing. Aayan snatches his mobile back and notices that Zubair has already seen Ruhee's picture. Aayan closes his eyes and signs in frustration as he locks his mobile, and goes back to his seat.

'Man, you're whipped!' Zubair says, as he sits in the chair before him. Aayan doesn't bother looking at him and goes back to his file, 'So, have you told her yet?' Zubair asks, 'Told her what?' Aayan asks back, 'That you love her.' Aayan stops turning his file and looks at his friend, 'How do you know?' Aayan asks him, kinda serious. Zubair scrunches his eyebrows and asks, 'Know what?' 'That I love her.' Aayan says. Zubair looks at him lazily and asks him, 'You haven't told her yet, have you?' Aayan looks away and says, 'If you were able to find out, I am sure she also already knows.' Zubair stares at his friend, like he just told him that he is a girl.

'I don't blame you, I blame Ruhee for agreeing to marry a nonsense and non romantic human.' Zubair says, and Aayan looks at him, ready to murder him, 'Don't look at me like that. Have you not seen movies? The hero doesn't get the heroine unless he tells her.' Zubair adds, 'I guess, I already got my heroine.' Aayan says to him, 'Yeah, but didn't you see the part in movies were the heroine tends to leave the hero because he doesn't express much. What if she is with you now, but later she thinks you don't love her because you haven't told her that you do!?' Zubair explains to him, moving his arms around, and this got Aayan thinking.