Chapter 12

Jo pov

"I don't think I can do this Hero" I say as I pace back and forth in my dressing room.

After an extra week off Anna and Roger gave Hero and I to grief, it's time for us to get back to the movie and start filming.

"Anna said she has a small scene for us to do and that's all for today. Let's just knock out this scene and we'll be done" Hero says trying to encourage me but I look down and get even more sad.

"The whole cast is here to support you. Everyone is here to support us" he says and I sigh

"Fine. Let's just get this over with" I say

Hero laces his fingers with mine as we walk hand and hand to set.

The whole cast is here for our first day back. They called and texted once they heard the news but this is the first time we're seeing them in person.

The After fans were so supportive on social media sending us the kindest words, but it's still pretty hard.

I've been taking each day as it comes. Some days I'm happier than others. Today is a sad day, I can't stop thinking about it.

Hero and I announced to the world we were having a baby then next we're having our manager post on our social media's the sad news.

"Hero and Jo, so sorry about what happened" Shane says being the first to run up to us.

He brings me in for a hug and gives Hero one too.

"I'm here for you guys, whatever you two need I'm here" He adds and I give him a smile

I can't form words. Everything just seems so hard.

"Same here" Sam chimes in.

"Thanks guys, that means a lot" Hero says

"There's our girl, how are you doing kid" Roger says and I try to hold back the tears.

"I've had better days" I say and Hero wraps his arm around my waist and comforts me.

"If there's anything I can do for the two of you just let me know" Roger says and I nod

"Thanks everyone for the support but I would appreciate it if we could get to work. I could use a distraction" I say and they all nod, understanding.

"Yeah, of course" inanna says and we walk on set.

Anna returns from the bathroom and sees Hero and I.

She brings me into a big hug and I hug her back.

"What do you need. What can I get you" she asks me and I give her a smile

"I don't need anything. I just want to hurry up and finish this scene" I say and she nods

"Places everyone" Roger calls out

I sit in my 'office' at Vance publishing and wait to hear action.

"Action" Roger yells and Hero starts the scene.

"Hello beautiful" he says and I act on a smile

"What are you doing here" I say in my American Tessa voice

"Thought I would come and visit. Take you out for lunch" he says and I can't remember what I say next

I can't remember my lines.

"Line. I'm sorry I can't remember" I say breaking my role and Roger yells cut.

"The line is 'how sweet. But I had lunch already'" Anna says to me and I nod