Chapter 38

Jo pov

The thing about being an actor is that sometimes you have to travel to film a movie.

Hero is working on a new project that has him filming in New York, which is across the country from where we live.

I haven't seen him in a total of 3 months. He's been super busy on this film. Our manager thinks this could give Hero some Oscar and Emmy nominations.

I'm super proud of my husband but I miss him a lot.

We communicate through video chat and phone calls but it doesn't do it justice. Elle misses Hero a lot, everyday I get a sad 'when is daddy coming home' speech from her.

This weekend I have some spaced cleared from my busy schedule and a small film I'm also working on here in California so I decided whats a better way to surprise Hero.

I already set up everything with our manager. He has no idea.

I'm currently at the airport in New York when I get a call from him.

"Hey Love" he says and my heart melts at the fact I get to see him in a few.

"Hello" I say back

"Just wanted to call and check home your day is going" he says gently

"Good. Shot a small scene and headed back home, nothing major. How's the movie coming along" I ask him

"We're almost done. Just a few more scenes and it should be complete" he says

I flag down a cab and rush Hero off the phone.

"I have to go but we'll talk soon" I say and before he can answer back I hang up.

"Where are we heading miss" the cab driver asks

"Clearview hotel" I say excitedly

Once I'm at the hotel Hero's staying at, I quickly hop on the next available elevator and make my way to his suite.

"150B" I whisper to myself as I hold my bag in one hand and roam the hall, looking for Hero's room.

I find it and gently knock.

Hero opens the door with a laugh as he's in the middle of a conversation with someone and turns to me with wide eyes.

"Jo, love, what are you doing here" he asks in surprise and brings me in for a hug.

"I wanted to surprise you" I whisper and he looks at me with a huge smile

He holds a hand to my face and pulls me close and gives me the biggest kiss. How I missed his lips on mine, before I could kiss him back, someone interrupts us.

"So H are you going to introduce me" the girl says

I recognize her as Savannah George. She's playing Hero's love interest in this film and of course there's a sex scene between them.

This is the first time we're meeting but I've always had a weird feeling about this girl.

And H? Is that some type of nickname?

"Savannah, this is my wife Josephine. Jo, this is Savannah, she's part of the cast" Hero says introducing us

I give her a small smile and get ready to say something when she dominates the conversation.

"I'm not just any member of the cast. Your husband and I get to do a lot of scenes together" she says to me and I want to rip her head off

She places her hand on Hero's arm and giggles.