Chapter 34

Jo pov

"Jo, love. We have to get going" Hero says while I'm in the bathroom.

After a few months of straight press and promoting the new installment of After. Hero and I finally have a break. We have a trip planned with our best friends Felix and Sarah.

I've been felling sick this past week, but this is a sickness I've felt before.

I think I'm pregnant.

I've had plenty of pregnancy scares but this one feels so accurate. It's like my body is telling me, why are you even taking this test?

Hero doesn't know I'm taking a test. I should tell him but if I'm not pregnant. I don't want to get his hopes up, but I also don't know how I feel about having a baby right now.

I just got offered a huge movie deal. If I'm pregnant, that would take this movie deal straight away from me, especially the character I'm playing.

This movie deals with mental health and eating disorders. I had strict rules for this character. I'm so excited to play her. This will be a game changer in my career.

"Just one moment. I will be right out" I say finally answering him back

I finish the test and pace back and forth for the results.

The test quietly beeps and I quickly grab it for the results.

"Of course" I whisper to myself

I'm pregnant.

I throw the stick in the trash and look in the mirror.

"Now what" I whisper again to myself.

"Jo, whats taking so long" Hero says knocking again

"Coming" I say wiping a tear I didn't realize rolled down my cheek.

I open the bathroom door and give him my best smile.
___________________________

"You've been really quiet" Hero says breaking our kiss

"We're kissing aren't we" I say and hold a hand to his face so we can deepen our kiss.

He's right. I have been quiet all day. I just don't want to talk. I don't want to get into conversation. I'm nervous to tell him I'm pregnant.

It's not the fact that I'm pregnant... I'm nervous to tell him I don't want this baby.

Maybe I should just wait for after our trip. I know things aren't going to go well once we get into this conversation.

"You've been quiet all day" he says holding my waist and pulling away.

We're in our room for this trip. Felix and Sarah's rooms are right down the hall. We took a trip to a beautiful island.

"I don't know. Today has been a weird day" I simply say

"Yeah like the fact you haven't told me you're pregnant" he says and I'm shocked

"How do you know that" I ask

"I saw the pregnancy test in the bathroom. What a good way of hiding it if you wanted it to be a secret" he says

"Why didn't you tell me as soon as you found out? Is something wrong" he questions

"Is it my baby? Did you cheat on me" he quickly adds

"Hero how could you think that. No, I didn't cheat on you. I'm just having a hard time telling you because I don't know what to do" I say