Chapter 20

Jo pov

"Who on earth let you look this beautiful" Hero whisper to me

"Look at this dress on you" he says wrapping his arms around my waist and I giggle leaning up and giving him a small kiss.

Today Hero and I are having an engagement party. We've invited all our friends and family to our new home here in California.

"There's the couple of the year" Anna says walking up to us and I quickly pull away from Hero because I forgot she had her son here with her.

Hero and I are kind of just used to kissing in front of people. It's kind of our job.

Speaking of couple of the year. People magazine has Hero and I nominated as couple of the year. It's not official yet but I hope we get it.

"It's not confirmed yet" I say with a giggle

"Yeah but I know you two will totally get it over Lili and cole" she says

"I like them together" I say

Fun fact, I would really love to be friends with Lili Reinhart one day. Maybe I could talk to Dylan Sprouse about that.

"Congratulations you two" Anna's husband says and him and hero share a hand shake.

"Thank you" I say

"And how are you little Asher" I say tickling him and he jumps up and down giggling.

"He talks about the two of you all the time" she says and I give her a loving smile, putting my hands on my heart.

"If you ever need a babysitter, we're always here to take him off your hands" I say

"This is why I love you two" Anna says bringing us in for a hug

They excuse themselves and Inanna comes up to us with her boyfriend and their baby.

"Can I hold the baby" I say and she nods, placing the little one in my arms.

"How does it feel to be engaged" she asks as I rock her small baby in my arms

"Pretty nice. I can't wait to make her my wife" Hero says and I'm too distracted by the baby in my arms.

I play with the little feet and repeat nonsense words to a sleeping baby but that's what people do, it's normal.

"I wish someone here would get the hint" she says about her boyfriend and he wraps his arms around her waist and you can tell they need some time to talk.

"How about the two of you spend some private mommy and daddy time to talk in the guest room. I'll stay here with this little one" I say

"Thanks jo. With our baby, it seems like there's never room for serious talking" she says looking up annoyed at her boyfriend.

She grabs her boyfriends hand and leads him to the guest room.

I walk throughout the party, admiring the baby and can't help but think when Hero and I can have one.

"I can't wait till we have a baby" I say and he chuckles

"Inanna and her boyfriend don't make it look that fun" Hero says

"It looks like it's been hard for them to talk. A baby is a lot of work" I say

"And you want one why" he asks and I give him an annoyed look

"I'm being serious" I say and he chuckles, kissing my head.

"I know Love, I'm only teasing" he says

"So we'll try tonight" I say, teasing him back

"What really" he says in surprise and I giggle

"No, I'm only teasing" I say and we laugh.

"Now that's a view I like to see" My mom says walking over with my sister Katherine at her side.

"Why are you always on top of me to have a baby? Katherine is here too" I say

"Katherine is single" my sister says

"Mrs. Langford and Katherine it's always nice to see you" Hero says hugging them

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Elizabeth" my mom says and I giggle

Inanna's baby wakes up in my arms and begins to cry a little. I rock the small baby in my arms and the crying begins to fade.

"I'll be right back" I say kissing Hero's cheek and walking to grab a blanket from Inanna's diaper bag.

"She's going to make an excellent mother" my mom says to Hero as I walk away.

I lift the baby up and realize it needs a diaper change. I grab a diaper from her bag and some wipes.

I bring the baby to Hero and I's room and lay it down on the bed.

I take the smelly diaper off and replace it with a new one.

I clip the onesie back on and wrap the baby in a blanket since it's getting cold outside.

I walk back out to the party and walk past the guest room to hear inanna and her boyfriend occupying the room to its full advantage.

Note to self: make sure to wash guest room sheets.

I return back to Hero who's talking with one of his friends and he wraps an arm around my waist and holds me close.

I admire the beautiful baby in my arms and try my best not to cry.

I can't wait to have kids with Hero. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of my pregnancy that came to a quick end.

Some days I'm stronger than others but having this baby in my arms just proves how bad I wish Hero and I had our baby.

"Can you hold the baby. I'll be right back" I quickly say to Hero and he nods taking the baby.

I basically run out of the room because I don't want anyone to see my crying.

When I get to my room, I sit on the bed and tears flood out.

"Oh jo, whats going on" Hero says opening our bedroom door and coming to my side.

"Holding Inanna's baby, just triggered me to think about the baby we would've had. I don't know, it was just a thought that crossed my mind. Now I'm a crying mess" I say

"Well you're my crying mess" he says hugging me and holding me close

"And it's okay to be sad over that. I was thinking about the what if's too as you held Inanna's baby, like what if we had our baby with us right now? You're bored alone" he says and I hold a hand to his face

"I can't wait for our huge family and our farm of dogs" I say and he chuckles

"Are you going to be okay" he ask and I hug him

"You know how to make everything better" I say and he smiles

"It's kind of my thing" he says and I hold his face and kiss him.

"You know maybe we should end the party now. I like kissing you way more" he says and I pull away from our kiss.

"Inanna and her boyfriend are living it up in our guest room right now" I say and Hero shakes his head with a laugh

"What did you do with the baby" I ask

"Passed it off to Shane and Sam" he says and I giggle

"Great, like they are going to know what to do with a baby" I say and grab his hand and walking us out of our room.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

I originally wrote a chapter to this and ended up deleting it. I'm much happier with this.

I will update soon

Happy reading,
Herophinexafter 💖