Chapter 23

Jo pov

"Happy anniversary love" Hero says as we clink our glasses of apple cider.

We would be drinking champagne or something but I'm currently pregnant so we can't do that.

"I can't believe our wedding is in a few months. I'm already 6 months pregnant. Time is flying by" I say and he chuckles

We decided on candle lit dinner on our living room floor, set up the fire place, have a whole bunch of blankets set up.

We wanted to keep this anniversary small. Just enjoy each other's presence and have sex because we haven't done much of that lately.

I've been very self conscious about my body. I haven't been wanting Hero to touch me because I feel like I'm so huge with my pregnant belly, but tonight is our anniversary, I want it to be special.

"So I got you something" he says moving his food to the side and I do the same.

"Babe, we said no gifts remember" I sigh and he chuckles

"You're carrying our baby, what more of a gift is that" he says and I hold his hand lovingly.

"It's nothing extravagant but I thought you would like that" he says handing me a wrapper box.

"I can't believe you" I say looking up at him with a smile

I gently rip the paper open and open the square box

It's a necklace with a small green stone, blue stone and a pink stone.

"Do you know what the stone means" he says and I nod almost in tears.

"Green for me, blue for you and pink for the baby" I say

"It's all of our birthday months birthstones" I say and a tear falls from my eyes.

"Thank you Hero, I love it" I say hugging him and he kisses my head.

I peck his lips and he chuckles.

I kiss him again, this time nice and long. He gently slides his tongue into our kiss and I gladly accept.

I run my fingers in his hair and lay us down.

He kisses my neck and I can't help but slightly moan. I can feel him smile against my skin.

I place his lips back on mine and reach for his shirt.

He pulls away and quickly takes off his shirt, then returns to kissing me.

He places his hands under my shirt and gently runs them up and down my body.

"I'm sorry my body isn't like it normally is. I'm a huge watermelon" I say and he holds a hand to my face.

"How many times do I have to tell you you're beautiful pregnant or not pregnant. You're carrying a human, don't beat yourself up over that" he says and I sit up

I take off my shirt and undo my bra.

He looks at me with loving eyes and kisses my pregnant belly and leaves small kisses all over.

He kisses my lips once again and lays us back down. He pulls off the remaining clothes we both have on and gently slides in.

I wince at first and realize it's been a long time.

"Want me to stop" he ask and I shake my head no

"Can we go slow" I ask and he pecks my lips

"Whatever you are comfortable with" he says and I pull him down to kiss me again.

He holds my leg and spreads my legs open a little more as we kiss.

"Is this okay" Hero ask

"This is more than okay" I say and close my eyes at how good this feels

I bite my lip and moan as the speed increases.

"Slower" I whisper

He runs his fingers through my hair and leans our lips back together as we come close to finish.

When we're done, I tangle my legs with his and he pulls me close to him.

Wasn't our best but it was enjoyable, pregnant sex hasn't been our best.

I lean up and we share a kiss. He tilts my head to his as he deepens it.

"I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore" I say

"Just a few more months" he says and I sigh

"This is going to be a long few months" I say and he chuckles

"I'll be here every step of the way" he says and I hold his hand and place it on my belly where the baby is kicking.

"We have a soccer player in there" I say and he kisses my belly.

"I love our little soccer player" he says

"Me too" I say gently and he leans up to kiss me again.

The night is filled with tons of kissing and cuddles. Pretty good anniversary if you ask me.

Short chapter :(

But I'll update some more soon

What did you think of Hero's gift? I thought it was so cute

Love you all

Happy reading,
Herophinexafter 💖