Chapter 37

Jo pov

"Actress Josephine Langford Fiennes Tiffin celebrates one year being cancer free. The After Series actress fought a brutal fight with cancer and lost a baby in the process. Today the actress celebrates with a post shared by husband, Hero fiennes Tiffin and their 3 year old daughter Elle via Instagram, check it out" the tv announcer says and shows the picture Hero posted on his Instagram of a cake him and Elle made.

It was a chocolate cake covered in pink icing, with the words 'congrats on 1 year mommy'. The picture is a dysfunctional selfie taken by Hero of him holding the cake while I wake up in bed and Elle hugging me from behind.

I run a hand through my shoulder length hair and turn to Hero at how the press picks up on everything.

"The crew at Hollywood Access are so happy to hear how well you're doing josephine. That's all for tonight everyone. Catch us on Chanel 7, same time tomorrow" the tv announcer says and the show finishes

I reach for the remote and turn the TV off.

Hero wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me close.

"Are you tired" he whispers and I hold a hand to his face and giggle

"Yes" I say and he begins to kiss my neck

"What are you doing" I ask and he runs a hand under my shirt

"I was thinking we could celebrate" he says and I gently hold his face and giggle

"Goodnight Hero" I say and he sighs, holding me close, as we get ready for bed

"Goodnight Love" he says back and we drift away to sleep.

Hero and I are woken up to a crying, coming from Elle's room.

"Why is she crying? She normally sleeps through the night" I say to Hero as we sit up in bed and rub our eyes open.

I look over at the clock and it's four in the morning.

We get out of bed and walk over to Elle's room.

"Peanut, Whats the matter" I say walking in behind Hero.

He lifts her from her bed and holds her close.

"What's the matter Princess" Hero says and her crying starts to fade.

"There's a monster under my bed. He's trying to get me" Elle says

"Do you want daddy to check under your bed" I ask her and she nods

I hold her in my arms and Hero pretends to check for a monster.

"No monster under this bed. I must have scared him away" Hero says in his caring dad voice

"Don't worry peanut. Mommy and daddy would never let anything bad happen to you" I say gently and she wraps her arms around me

"Mommy" she asks

"Yes love" I say

"Can I sleep in you and daddy's room tonight" she says

"Of course you can princess. It's not like mommy is giving me any action anyway" Hero says taking her from my arms and I playfully roll my eyes at him.

We walk back to our room and Elle jumps on our bed as we lay back into it.

She's full of energy now and is wide awake.

"Can we watch a movie" she asks as she lays in between me and Hero.

"Not right now peanut. It's time to go back to bed" hero says