Chapter 49

Jo pov

*time jump*

"Happy birthday Lily, Leah, and Liam" everyone sings for the triplets

My mind is blown that hero and I have three 3 year olds and a 6 year old.

Time is flying by but life is so kind and so sweet to us. The time we are spending with our kids is so nice and we have only grown as a family.

The triplets blow out their individual candle on their unique cake they each wanted.

Once wants a unicorn themed birthday, the other wants puppies and then Liam just said blue, just a plain blue theme.

My mom and Martha help me cut the 3 cakes and serve it to everyone.

Hero helps Elle with cutting her piece because she's so obsessed with the idea of being a 'big girl' now so she must do everything herself.

Once everyone has cake. I take a small piece for myself and I can't even enjoy it because the triplets start arguing over something which leads to cake throwing.

Liam smashes a handful of cake into his sister's hair and I sigh.

Great. Just great.

"Liam, why would you do that" I say in my stern mom voice.

Lily begins to cry, so I lift her from her height chair and grab a napkin and try to do the best I can with her hair.

"Let grandma handle this" Martha says reaching for a crying Lily.

"I'm going to grab a wet wash cloth" I tell her and she nods, as she tries to calm Lily.

I head to the kitchen and run water over a cloth.

I take a few seconds to breathe because today has been a long, busy, stressful day.

I have three 3 year olds to satisfy and make feel special on their special day, but also he alert to my 6 year old who feels like 'mommy and daddy don't spend enough time with' and also be a good host to this party.

I feel Hero's strong arms wrap around me which bring me such peace and reassurance.

"Is everything okay? You're tense and you look stressed" hero says and I gently lean on him.

He gently and calmly rubs small circles on my stomach as I close my eyes and breathe.

"Today has been a long day. That's all" I whisper and he nods

"You're a super mom did you know that" he says and I giggle

"Stop" I say turning to face him. I wrap my arms around his neck and he gently holds my waist.

"You're tires and exhausted but you still give your best work. Everyone is enjoying the party, the triplets are having a great time smashing cake on each other and Elle, she's doing just fine" he says

"I worry about her sometimes. She says we don't spend enough time with her" I tell him

"She's fine" he reassures me and I nod as he kisses my head

I hold a hand to his face and lean up to kiss him.

He gently leans me against the kitchen counter and I pull him closer.

We kiss for a few more seconds until I pull away and he groans.

"Get the kids to bed quick tonight" I whisper to him with a smile

"Yes ma'am" he says and I peck his lips and head back to the party.

I hand Martha the wet cloth as she scraps cake from Lily's hair.

Short short short chapter

But I have so much more to come

I will update soon

I promise

Happy reading,
Herophinexafter 💖