Chapter 5

After winning your battle against Bakugou, you got some time to rest. You went up and talked to your friends who were cheering for you from their seats.

A long time had passed and you had finally finished your battle against Todoroki. Although he was a pain in the ass to beat, you managed to push him off the bounds some minutes before the bell rang.

You were exhausted. By using your quirk for such a long period of time, especially with such strong opponents, you just wanted to lay down. You had some minor injuries, mostly from Todoroki, though one side of your jaw was bruised because of Bakugou's punch.

It was time for All Might to award the winners. You were first, Bakugou was second and Todoroki was third. However, although Bakugou managed to beat a majority of other students, he got unconscious after your fight.

Must have gone a little too far there. He won't be here to get his medal.

You stood next to Todoroki, praying that this would be over soon. Your knees were getting weaker and weaker as the time passed, but you wouldn't allow yourself to show weakness in front of so many people. You managed to spot Aizawa in the crowd, he simply nodded at you while having a small smile on his face, showing that he was proud of your improvement.

As soon as All Might announced you as the winner, you started walking out of the arena, with Todoroki following from behind. You entered the building and finally you let yourself fall on your knees.

"Shit.." you whispered.

Your hands were trembling and as the andrenaline started to wear off, your injuries began to hurt more.

I need to train harder.

"Are you okay?"

You looked up and saw Todoroki offering you a hand. You took it and he helped you stand up, though as soon as you did, you fainted.

...

After what felt like hours, you woke up.

"Oi what the hell."

You turned to look at the guy who was talking to you only to see Bakugou sitting on a bed that was close to yours.

"W-What happened?"

"You tell me. You probably saw a nightmare or something."

You then noticed that you were gripping the bedsheets.

"Sorry if I woke you up. It's because of my quirk." you said while wiping the sweat off your forehead.

Standing up to grab your shoes, you felt Bakugou's eyes on you.

"Where the hell do you think you're going huh?"

"Um.. home?"

"You just woke up dumbass, obviously you didn't sleep well, so sit down for a bit and try to relax."

"Since when do you care about my well being?"

"I don't." he scoffed. "I have some questions to ask you. So don't go running off so quickly." he said while pointing at you.

You thought about it for a moment and an idea popped on your mind.

"Care to go for a walk? You can ask me whatever you want."

Many would think that you just wanted to spend some time with Bakugou. And that is true. You were interested in him, and you also wanted him to maybe think of you as a friend. Plus, you didn't feel like going home yet.

"Whatever."

You walked outside the building and saw that the sun would soon start to set. You looked up at Bakugou and noticed that there was a patch on the place that you had hit him earlier.

"Sorry about that."

"What are you apologizing for? It was a battle." he said in his usual irritated tone. He looked down at you and studied your calm expression.

He sighed and finally asked you,

"What kind of quirk is that?"

Figured.

"Blood bending. I take control of people's blood, though it is kind of difficult if they are strong. It also gets pretty tiring, that's why I have to work out and train a lot. I need to have full control of it, or else things might end up badly." you said while scratching the back of your neck.

"And what about the nightmares? What do they have to do with your quirk?"

After a moment of silence, you finally answered.

"That comes with my other quirk."

"WHAT?"

You stopped to look at his shocked face. Well, you don't see someone with two quirks that often.

"Surprise?" you asked nervously.

"What do you mean other quirk? How is it possible?"

You decided to sit at a nearby park after buying vending machine drinks for Bakugou and yourself.

"My parents had different quirks. My mom had mind control and my dad blood bending."

"Mind control?"

"Let's just say that I avoid using mind control from time to time. My quirks tend to scare people. As I grew up, the press would often ask my parents about my training progress, and even though they kept their answers short and simple their words would often get twisted, well, for obvious reasons."

You quickly looked away as if wanting to hide your face.

"My parents got praised for their quirks. Guess it didn't work the same for me.." a saddened smile formed on your tired face.

Bakugou remained silent for some time. He clearly understood that you had a hard past. And things that you weren't telling him. You only knew each other for a short while, but he fancied you. And that was something rare for him.

"I understand if you-"

"I'm not scared. It's super fucking interesting and badass to be honest."

You looked at him with a surprised face.

"Thank you!" you said, smiling warmly at him.

He looked at you rather surprised as well. Your face was painted with the sun's golden shades and the smile that you had on it made you look even more beautiful.

He couldn't help but blush a little.

"You're not as bad as I thought, to be honest."

He took all of that back.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN? I'M AMAZING! AND DON'T GET USED TO IT YOU DAMN EXTRA, I'M GOING TO FIGHT YOU AGAIN AND WIN."

You started laughing at his priceless reaction. Not long after, you got up and started walking towards your house.

"Your quirk.. it's pretty amazing." you said. "At first I thought that you were only able to produce small explosions but it turns out I was wrong." you chuckled to yourself as you looked at the faint burn marks on your arms. Bakugou noticed them as well, but didn't mention anything. "Can you create one right now? I really want to see."

"What are you? A damn child?"

"Come on!"

Although he loved when people begged, he created small explosions in his hands for you to see. Your face lit with joy.

"You're so weird.."

"It's just that, yours is so flashy and all. Whenever I think about mine, all I see are dark colors. Don't get me wrong though, I like my quirks." you said.

He liked it when people complimented his quirk. He felt superior. Ever since he was a child, everyone was so fascinated by it.

"I'm going this way. Thanks for spending time with me."

"Don't get used to it. We're not friends."

"Pretty sure I can change that." you teased as you flicked his forehead.

"STOP DOING THAT!"

"Goodnight, Bakugou."