Chapter 37

"Her eyes turned black on a previous training battle as well, do you remember? Bakugou?" asked Mina.

Bakugou, on the other hand, was too busy focused on you.

"What is this? This isn't part of your Mind Control quirk!"

"You haven't studied well." you pouted, lifting him from the ground.

In Mind Control, when you pass your blood into someone, you can make them see whatever you like. A good or bad memory, something tragic, scary, happy. When your eyes turn black, however, it means that you're using a different power. You can do more than just play with their mind.

I am even more powerful.

This allows you to use both of your quirks. You tried doing this in your battle against Bakugou when you saved Mina, hence why your eyes turned black for a split second of time. However, you saw tragic flashbacks, meaning that your control of it wasn't as strong, the quirk affecting you as well.

After practicing it for so long, you finally did it. You weren't sure whether you were going to use it in a situation like this, but it seems like anger took over you. On the downside, however, using this power for a long period of time will cause you to faint from exhaustion.

"2 minutes left!"

You dropped Monoma to the ground, giving him some time to breathe properly. He stood up and put his hands in front of his body, trying to copy your movements, but it was useless, you weren't using Mind Control on him. Your blood wasn't passed in his body.

"1 minute!"

"Let's finish this the easy way shall we?"

A smile formed on your lips as you took small steps towards him. He laughed loudly, making you cringe, and finally you clutched your fists and punched him right on his jaw, leaving you the one standing.

"(l/n) wins!"

Your class started cheering for you loudly, knowing that Monoma was a hard one to beat. You closed your eyes for some time and tried to relax, and as soon as the andrenaline started to wear off, you put your hand over your left side again.

You opened your eyes, them turning to your regular color, and fell to the ground, exhausted from using your new power.

I mastered my mother's quirk.. finally..

You smiled to yourself and looked next to you, your friends running towards you with huge smiles printed on their faces. Your class won the battle against Class 1-B, with you being the top score.

Bakugou helped you stand up and brought you into a soft embrace, kissing your forehead multiple times.

"You were so badass! You mastered your mother's quirk ya idiot! I'm so proud!"

A surprised gasp escaped your lips as he picked you up and made you sit on his shoulders. Monoma woke up and was being transferred to the infirmary, though he managed to say some words regardless of his state.

"We will win next time 1-A! And prepare for another battle, wielder of black blood!"

"OH YEAH? GO GET YOUR BRAIN CHECKED FROM ALL THAT BEATING CAUSE ALL I'M HEARING IS DUMB SHIT!"

"Katsuki!"

You started laughing with everyone but you soon felt yourself become weaker.

"Katsuki.."

"WHAT?"

"I think I'm gonna.."

And by that, you fell backwards, your friends catching you right before you hit the ground.

"She deserves to rest." said Uraraka.

"This idiot.." Bakugou smiled.

...

You woke up in Recovery Girl's infirmary room, after having one of your usual nightmares.

"You really like being here huh." murmured Aizawa while entering the room.

"Aizawa?"

"You mastered your mother's 'special' power. She was able to make everyone unconscious with this side power of hers. Seems like it worked differently for you. You are now able to use both of your quirks at the same time, even if you haven't passed your blood into someone else. Congrats."

"Thanks.."

He came closer to you and gave you a small headpat.

"I'm sorry for what I said.." you murmured, looking away.

"What was that?"

"You heard me!"

He sighed and sat on your bed.

"Truth is, I owe you an apology as well. How do I say this.. when I heard the news, I was afraid of you getting kidnapped again. And in the possibility of an attack, I was afraid that things would turn out like last time. Hence why we decided for you to stay next to me, so that I erase your quirks. But your quirks will indeed be very useful, and after watching today's fight I realised that you've grown a lot. So I'm going to allow you to fight alongside everyone."

Your lips parted at his words. You moved closer to him and hugged him tightly, him stiffening at the sudden action, but after seeing your cheerful expression, he placed his hand on your back and rubbed it lightly.

"Well if it isn't Eraser Head and his daughter." Recovery Girl teased while entering the room with a glass of orange juice.

You got up and accepted the glass of juice gladly, chugging it while she kissed the small wound on your forehead, making it disappear completely.

"For the last time, stop saying that! And (y/n) drink slower or else you're going to have a stomach ache!"

She laughed at his reply and looked at you once again.

"You shall feel some slight pain on your left side but luckily you are fully recovered!"

"Thank you, Recovery Girl! May I leave now?"

She simply nodded while patting your shoulder and you made your way outside the infirmary room.

"Deny it or not, Eraser Head, you have a special spot for that girl in your heart."

He stood up from the bed and made his way outside.

"Whatever." he murmured while covering his smirk with his scarf.

...

You got outside the building and saw Bakugou, sitting half asleep with his arms crossed on a nearby bench. You leaned in and poked his cheek, making him open his eyes softly. The sun was slowly setting, and your figure in front of it was angelic. You smiled warmly at him while putting a strand of hair behind your ear, his heart beating faster every second.

He stood up and covered his blush with the back of his hand.

"Let's go, Katsuki!" you exclaimed while pointing ahead, mimicking one of All Might's poses that Bakugou liked.

"Y-Yeah.." he chuckled.

While you two walked down the road peacefully, he brought you closer to him, making you look up at his tinted face.

"What's up with that look blasty?" you teased.

"CALL ME THAT ONE MORE TIME-"

You interrupted him by putting your lips on his. He deepened the kiss and wrapped his arms around you, bringing you two closer together while you carressed his cheeks softly, something that he absolutely adored.

"I love you."

"I love you more, shitty girl."