Chapter 25

The fight kept going for some time until it finally ended with Bakugou winning while pinning Midoriya down to the ground.

"Stop there you two. Sorry, but I overheard."

"All Might.." Midoriya murmured.

"I'm sorry I didn't notice.."

"It's too late.." Bakugou sighed, slowly standing up. "Why Deku.. it started when the sludge villain came, right?"

"He was powerless but more heroic than anyone else. I thought you were strong. You were someone who could already compete. I decided that he should also be able to stand in the ring."

Bakugou clutched his shirt while trying to hold back the tears that were forming in his eyes.

"I'm weak, too, you know..! I always wanted to be strong, like you! It's because I'm weak... that I made you turn into that!" he weakly said, not wanting to face All Might.

"This isn't your fault. Either way, my limit was close. I was always going to end up like this. You're strong. But I focused too much on your strength. I ended up making you bear that burden.. I'm sorry, even though you're still young, too..."

All Might embraced Bakugou but after some seconds, Bakugou backed off.

"Like how you Young Midoriya admired Young Bakugou's strength, and how you, Young Bakugou, feared Young Midoriya's heart... now that your feelings are out in the open, I think you both understand, if you both recognize each other, and can focus on making each other stronger, then you can save people to win and win to save people, becoming the greatest heroes."

Everyone remained silent and started walking back to the dorms. But the two boys had some minor arguments along the way. As soon as they entered, some seconds after you and Aizawa walked in as well. You locked eyes with Bakugou, feeling disappointed in him for starting such a big fight, but you felt sorry for him as well. You were so worried about his injuries that you wanted to take care of him right away, but you just closed your eyes and walked to your bedroom.

"I'm glad you two are so energetic." Aizawa said, clearly irritated, while restraining the boys tightly.

"Aizawa, wait, hold up with the restraints! I'm the cause." All Might stressed.

Both heroes had talked about it before All Might had left to stop the fight, so Aizawa released Bakugou and Midoriya.

"I will give you a suitable punishment. Who hit first?"

"Me." Bakugou answered casually.

"I also went pretty hard." Midoriya added.

"Four days of house arrest for Bakugou! Three days for Midoriya! During that time, you must clean all the common areas in the dorm, morning and night! Plus, you have to turn in a written apology! And don't rely on the old lady's Quirk! Injuries you got on your own should be healed that way! Bakugou, don't allow (y/n) to treat your wounds either got it?"

"How is Young (y/n)?" All Might asked.

"She ran to my house after you two headed out. I left the monitor open so she saw and heard the whole fight. She was worried sick about your injuries and was deeply disappointed in you two for fighting like that in the first place. She wanted to go to Ground Beta herself but I didn't allow her since it was too dangerous from all those explosions and broken glass. I haven't seen her that stressed since the day I had to go to court for her custody! You better apologise! And don't worry about your secret, she promised not to tell anyone."

Bakugou looked at his hands, feeling guilty for yelling at you earlier and for worrying you that much, whereas Midoriya kept looking at Aizawa's distressed expression.

Aizawa took a deep breath before continuing,

"That's all. Go to sleep!"

And by that, Bakugou and Midoriya headed to their rooms after taking a long shower. Later that night, Bakugou knocked on your door, relieved that you actually opened it. You allowed him to come in and let him sit on your bed.

You opened your drawer and grabbed some fresh bandages. You always had some spare ones in your room because you needed to treat your wounds whenever you used your mind control quirk.

"Aizawa told me not to allow you to-"

"I don't give a damn about what he said." you instantly replied.

You sat next to him and started wrapping the bandages around his arms carefully.

"I'm sorry for worrying you. And for yelling at you like that earlier."

You didn't reply, you just kept wrapping the bandages wherever you saw wounds after disinfecting them first. Tears ran down your eyes, making his widen in surprise.

"Why didn't you tell me! You've been carrying this burden ever since that day... my heart sunk when I saw yours break out there." you cried while looking into his eyes. He gritted his teeth and gripped your sheets while looking away, trying to hold back tears himself.

"You aren't weak! You weren't the one who ended All Might! It wasn't your fault that you got kidnapped! I can't watch you break like this for something that wasn't your fault.."

He finally released all the tears that he was holding back while taking you into a strong embrace. You both layed down on your bed while getting closer to each other.

"I don't know what to do.." he whispered as he hid his face in the crook of your neck.

"All Might gave One For All to Midoriya for a reason. Instead of constantly thinking that you will surpass him, start doing it for yourself. Stop thinking about All Might's condition, it was going to happen sooner or later. I'm proud of you Katsuki and I believe that you will grow stronger, but what's stopping you is the burden, the constant feeling to surpass and the need to grow."

He wrapped his arms around you even tighter, as if telling you that he needed you the most right now.

"I'm sorry for acting the way I do (y/n). I really am. I hated seeing you like that earlier."

His words broke your heart. 

"I love all of you, Katsuki. Don't apologize for being yourself."

You kissed the top of his head and let him release all of his once locked emotions. After some time, you both fell asleep in eachother's arms.