Chapter 42

One week had passed and everyone was attending class regularly. They had recovered, some still having some minor injuries here and there. Something had changed however. It wasn't like the last time you were hospitalized, where they knew that you were alive but just needed time to recover.

This time, you were in a different situation. Your friends acted like everything was going to be alright and stayed positive for the sake of Bakugou, since he only felt, as he said, like shit.

Today he was allowed to visit you, so he was looking forward to that, but then again, he was afraid of the worst things happening. He entered your room but covered his eyes, releasing a deep sigh as soon as he saw you.

"Shit, I can't do it (y/n)." some seconds passed and then he thought,

What am I saying.. I'm not a fucking coward.

He uncovered his eyes and saw you covered in bandages, the mechanical ventilator making him feel even more stressed about your condition.

Sitting next to you, he carefully took your hand in his, and then took a glimpse of your injured body. One side of your forehead was covered with a patch whereas your mouth by the mask of the ventilator. Your torso was wrapped tightly due to the fractured ribs and you were covered in bruises around your face and arms.

"Here you go doing dumb shit again! How can you be so selfish? If you explained things from the beginning, we would be able to find a solution together you idiot! But then again, who knows what that crusty asshole was capable of doing..." he murmured, moving some loose hair from your relaxed face.

"If you don't wake up.. tsk, what am I saying. What the hell am I even going to do without you?!" he hesitated at first, but then rested his head on top of your hand and whispered, "(y/n) if you don't wake up.. I don't know how that Mind Control quirk of yours works, but make sure to visit me in my dreams and let me know that you're doing okay."

He never thought that he would find someone like you. Heck, he never thought that he would feel true love! And now that his love is gone, slowly are his hopes of getting it back as well. He didn't want to give up though, so he kept trying to think positively, regardless of the days where he would cry himself to sleep, missing your warm touch.

He glanced at your face with the hope that he would see you smiling warmly at him but unfortunately, he didn't. He opened his backpack and grabbed a shirt of his, placing it under your cold hand.

"Since they won't allow me to stay the night, I brought you a shirt of mine, so that you don't see nightmares. I don't know if it will work though.." he murmured, kissing your forehead before leaving.

Another two weeks passed. Everyone was in class, listening to Aizawa. They had gotten news that you were in a critical state, but they tried not to think of the worse. Aizawa was about to wrap things up when suddenly the door opened revealing Present Mic, drawing everyone's attention.

"S-Shouta!"

...

Aizawa was running through the hospital's hallways, and regardless of the nurses trying to stop him, he entered your room. You were shaking and the doctors were trying their best to bring you to your inital state, but suddenly the ventilator stopped beeping, a straight line forming on the green screen.

Panicked, he asked the doctors to help you, which they were, but nothing was happening. Bakugou had entered the room, standing shocked and slightly terrified after having seen what had happened. All Might approached him silently and hugged him while covering his eyes.

"You've seen enough, Young Bakugou." he murmured, leading Bakugou out of the room.

Aizawa started crying while holding your hand in his tightly, his other one caressing your bruised cheek softly, not caring if anyone saw his vulnerable state.

"I need to see you graduate, become a hero! Please wake up!"

...

"(y/n), why?"

"M-Mom?"

"You gave up that easily? After all you went through, you're going to stop fighting now?"

She approached you and placed her hands on your shoulders, bringing you into a loving embrace.

"You are a hero. Heroes don't give up! And heroes don't leave the people they love behind."

"But you left me.."

"I didn't have another choice. It was over for me from the beginning. You still have time, (y/n)! So wake up!"

Your eyes opened and you raised yourself from the bed, now gripping your shirt tightly with your one hand while taking deep breaths. Startled, Aizawa looked at you and stopped moving for a second from the shock.

As soon as you locked eyes with him you burst into tears and started crying loudly from the shock yourself. He stood up and hugged you tightly, trying to reassure you and himself that you were alright and most importantly, alive.

...

After a while, the doctors injected you with something that would help you relax. With Aizawa next to you however, it wasn't going to be that easy because as soon as you calmed down, well..

"You problem child! What were you thinking?!"

"E-Eraser Head, she just calmed down, I don't think it's the right time to-"

"Obviously saving your asses!"

"Miss (y/n) please-"

"What?! By killing youself?"

"Do I seem dead to you?"

"You're going to be once we're out of here!"

The doctors left the room eventually, leaving you two continue whatever was going on. Aizawa took a deep breath and sat on your bed while you tried to get used to the tight bandages that were wrapped around your torso.

"When I looked at Katsuki's condition my heart broke. And you, you couldn't even stand! It was the best thing to do if we wanted to put an end to this for good!"

He looked away, knowing that without your help, he wasn't even sure if they were going to make it.

"You are a true hero, brat."

You smiled warmly before replying,

"You made me one."

He looked back at you surprised before smiling himself, something that was very rare. Suddenly, the door opened slowly, Bakugou's eyes widening as soon as they landed on yours.

"Hey you."