Chapter 18

"Everyone, don't get too separated! Let's move as a group!" Deku stressed.

"Yeah right, this isn't a field trip." Bakugou scoffed before walking away.

"It's hard for me to use my power in a big group." added Todoroki before leaving as well.

You decided to follow your classmates as a group, though you would split up later on if necessary. Joke's class attacked you as soon as the match started. You dodged every single one of the balls easily, same with your other classmates.

"I guess we shouldn't be surprised that something like this won't take down UA.." said Shindo.

His other classmate, hardened the rubber balls so that they wouldn't be as easy to dodge. The other one put them underground so that you wouldn't be able to see them as well. Jiro, however, digged up the ground with her sound amplification, making the balls visible again, while Mina melted them with her acid.

Amazing team work.. you thought.

You took one ball from the ground and locked your next target. Tatami. You took position and threw the ball at her with full strength, but she managed to dodge it right in time.

Dammit..

"Get away! Their defense seems strong!" shouted Shindo from a distance. He then activated his quirk, making the ground shake fastly and break, leading to you and your classmates falling to your knees.

"We've got ultimate moves too of course." he said with a smirk on his face.

"Don't get too cocky now." you replied before throwing a ball directly at his face.

He fell back and grunted while holding his now bleeding nose, the ground immediately stopping from shaking.

"Damn you!" he yelled.

You then realised that you got split from your class.

Oh well, you thought.

None of your targets had been lit up. More than 100 students had lost already and were out of the arena, making you feel kind of relieved. A lot of time had passed and you had managed to strike many targets on your move.

The first phase had come to an end. In the final phase, sections of the stadium were detonated and transformed into disaster zones, with people acting as civillians who were caught up in a villain attack. The examinees had to act as heroes and conduct rescue operations for the second and final phase of the license exam.

The H.U.C employees would analyze the students' rescuing methods and reduce points in the case of perceived mistakes and lack of efficiency. The students would start the phase with 100 points and fail the exam if their score dropped below 50.

You found a young man crying in the middle of the stadium. You approached him and saw that he was slightly injured as well.

"Shit, this is bad." you murmured.

"You are being negative. Therefore, I am reducing some of your points. Heroes need to comfort those in need!" said the boy, who broke character for a second.

Your eyes widened as some veins started popping on your forehead from the anger that you felt rising in you.

It's okay (y/n), let's not make things worse.

Bakugou on the other hand, was yelling at two civillians, telling them to help themselves, leading to them reducing many of his points as well. After what felt like hours, the exam was finally over. You sat down on the ground and tried to catch your breath.

"The names of those who passed are listed in syllabary order. Please check the list." informed the examiner, as a huge screen revealing the names of those who passed opened.

Your classmates were hugging each other while cheering for one another for passing, so you decided to approach the screen, hopeful that you would see your name. Your eyes widened as soon as they read it.

"I-I passed.."

A small smile formed on your face, making you touch your cheeks with your hands.

"(y/n) congrats! You passed!" exclaimed Uraraka while hugging you tightly.

"You too, Uraraka." you replied, returning the embrace. As soon as your eyes fell on him, you ran towards your boyfriend, only to see him make a not so happy facial expression.

You stood next to Kirishima and whispered, "What's wrong?"

"His name is not on the screen." he whispered.

"Ooh.. that's bad."

"I CAN HEAR YOU IDIOTS!!"

By the looks of it, Todoroki didn't pass either. It's kind of ironic, to be honest, the 'top two' not passing the exam.

"Next, we will pass out your results. They will have the breakdown of your scores, so please look over them carefully." informed the examiner once more.

On the first phase, you had scored 97, whereas on the second 73, and you were very proud of yourself

Later that evening, you and your classmates were walking towards your house with your new authorized hero licenses. Your hands were shaking as you were taking pictures of it to send to Mira. You entered the house and sat down on the couch with all of your other classmates, before deciding to take a quick shower.

As soon as you finished your said shower, you dressed up and sat on your bed for a bit. You took your license in your hands once more and took a good look at it, secretly wishing that your parents were there with you, to tell you how proud they were of you even for five seconds. After thinking about it for a while, you took a picture of it and sent it to Aizawa, heading to Bakugou's room afterwards.

"Hey it's me, can I come in?" you asked.

"Whatever." he murmured.

You entered his room, finding him laying on his bed, facing the wall. You sat next to him, gently rubbing his back.

"It's okay Katsuki. You can re-take the exam, remember? And you will do better than everyone else." you said while resting your back on the bedframe, hoping that your words would cheer him up even the slightest. He didn't reply though. "Sorry, I don't know what else to say." you added, with the tone of your voice lowering slightly.

"It's fine, dumbass." he murmured once again.

He moved and rested his head on your thighs, while hugging your waist with his strong arms. Your hands were running through his hair, knowing that it relaxed him.

"I'm proud of you." he whispered.

Your eyes widened at his comment. You didn't even know that you needed to hear those words from him. You looked at him, only to realise that he had fallen asleep. You smiled warmly at the sight and whispered,

"Thank you, Katsuki."

You carefully put a pillow on the bedframe and rested your back on it once again. Bakugou had fallen asleep with his hands wrapped around your legs with a soft grip on their side, as if he didn't want you to leave. You carassed his cheek with your one hand while the other remained on his hair. Not long after, you fell asleep as well.

...

Meanwhile, Aizawa had just gotten your message and as soon as he opened it, he saw the picture of your license. A small smile formed on his tired face as he whispered,

"You make me proud, brat. You make them proud as well."