Chapter 41

After some persuation, Bakugou ran outside and informed everyone about the situation. Some of the heroes got separated in town and helped track the bombs while the others helped your classmates transfer the Nomu inside the building.

"Momo! Create a lock for the door!"

"On it!"

"Bakugou.. what is (y/n) planning to do?" asked Aizawa in between small breaths.

He was badly injured so Kaminari and Sero wrapped his arms around their shoulders, helping him stand straight.

"She is holding Shigaraki back right now, blocking his quirk also." he replied. "I don't know what's on her mind."

"Is she injured?"

"Yeah.."

Aizawa glanced at the roof and his eyes widened at the sight. He saw you lift Shigaraki in the air with your bending quirk, your one hand holding the other for support. Bakugou looked up as well and when he put two and two together his heart dropped to his stomach.

"Shit.. DESTROY THE LOCK NOW!"

"We can't!"

He tried to break the lock but suddenly, beeping sounds could be heard from under the building. Everyone forcefully stumbled back, looking at each other in confusion. Mineta pointed upwards, everyone's eyes falling on your figure, your eyes pitch black. You were using your bending quirk on them, your special power for greater strength, trying to get them as far away from the building as possible.

"(Y/N) YOU PROMISED! PLEASE GET OUT FROM A NEARBY WINDOW AND I'LL CATCH YOU!"

"The Nomu is about to break the door! And if I release him now, Shigaraki will kill us all!" you yelled from the top of the building.

Everyone tried moving forward but your quirk was holding them back. It's like you had created an invisible enclosure around the building. You had lost plenty of blood and you felt like you were going to pass out anytime now, your eyes slowly starting to flicker to their regular color.

A little bit longer..

"They made you the hero.. because you would be unstoppable as the villain." Shigaraki struggled saying, his dirty smirk never leaving his face.

"I am a hero."

You locked eyes with Bakugou. Tears ran down his eyes as soon as he saw the explosion make its way to the top of the building. It was powerful enough to kill the Nomu, however, you and Shigaraki were nowhere to be seen after that.

Everyone could move again, but they remained shocked in place.

"I-It stopped?" murmured Mina, referring to your bending quirk. "Does that mean.."

Bakugou fell to his knees, eyes locked at the rooftop that was starting to get destroyed, with the hope that he would notice you somewhere and save you in time.

"Guys!" Midoriya shouted.

Everyone started running towards the building, drawing Bakugou's attention. Glancing at where Midoriya was pointing, his eyes widened when he saw you falling from the sky, since the explosion had already hit the top by now.

He stood up quickly and with all of his remaining strength he started running, surpassing everyone else. He blasted himself up and caught you mid-air, placing his arms around your head and body, bringing you closer to him.

Shigaraki had already hit the ground, meaning that you had released him prior. The less-injured heroes captured him and tied him up, although he wasn't awake to begin with.