Chapter 43

Bakugou gritted his teeth, trying to hold back tears while slowly approaching you.

"We're going to leave you two alone, but be careful not to stress her out."

"More than you already have?" he replied, Aizawa raising his finger ready to fight back but All Might pushed him out of the room, closing the door behind them.

"Katsuki-"

"You IDIOT!"

His voice echoed through the hallway, making Aizawa stop halfway and head to your room but All Might stopped him once again.

You uncovered your ears and opened your eyes, looking at Bakugou's teary ones. He came running to you and hugged you tightly, his hands running up and down your body as if trying to find ways to come closer to you.

"M-My ribs.."

"I'm so fucking mad! Why didn't you count on me.. we could've put an end to this without you having to go down to hell then back here!"

"You were too injured to continue further.. you helped me enough by informing the others in time. And again, if you're going to die, at least get the job done right?"

His eyes widened at your words and you put your hands on his cheeks, drying his tears with your thumbs.

"We won!" you exclaimed, a huge smile forming on your bruised face.

He gritted his teeth and brought you closer to him, not being able to get enough of your voice that he missed oh so much. He kept you secure around his strong arms, ignoring you trying to push him away from the immense pain.

"K-Katsuki stop squishing me!" you breathlessly said.

"I saw you die, shitty girl! How am I supposed to forget what happened minutes ago? You scared the shit out of me!"

You laughed a bit at his face which was red from all the crying and yelling, whispering -

"Replace it with what's happening right now."

He felt his heart beat faster as soon as you said that. He decided not to continue the conversation any further, so he just enjoyed your warmth for some more. He looked at your eyes and carefully wrapped his arms around you this time. Your lips met and you shared a loving kiss. He missed you so much, and by no means did you miss him any less.

However, his phone rang, making him grunt as soon as he heard it. He gave you one last kiss on the cheek and then glanced at who was calling.

"Jesus Christ with these damn people." he murmured while facepalming himself, dragging his hand downwards.

"Who is it?"

You looked at the caller and read "shitty hair" thinking that it was probably Kirishima, so you decided to answer.

"Hello?"

"W-Wait, (y/n)!?" he asked shocked.

You started laughing when you heard everyone cheer at the sound of your voice from the other side of the phone, Bakugou smiling at the fact that he was able to hear your sweet laugh again.

...

Some days later, after Recovery Girl's visits, you were able to return back to your dorm but you had to stay out of action for some time, meaning that you couldn't train or battle.

It was your first time going to school after a while and as soon as you entered your classroom, you were greeted by the heroes who had taken action that day. They started clapping and telling you how happy they were that you were safe, and how they admired your bravery and the fact that you risked your life for the sake of them, your classmates, and the future of everyone else in the city.