Chapter 39

You and your friends had been training for several days in a row. The news were broadcasting villain attacks almost daily now, so you and them wanted to put an end to this for good. It was the night before the attack and you were all gathered in the living area, enjoying everyone's company when you felt a familiar weight next to you.

"Katsuki? Weren't you about to go to bed?" you asked while he wrapped his arm around your shoulders, resting his feet on the table.

"Changed my mind."

You smiled warmly at him and kissed his cheek.

"Yo Bakugou! Stop babying with (y/n) and let's play some games!" Kaminari said.

"BABYING? ME? OH I'LL-!"

He started chasing Kaminari around the house but after some minutes they finally sat in front of the TV with the other boys and started playing videogames.

"Are you ready for tomorrow, (y/n)?" Toru asked, sitting next to you.

"Guess so."

"I'm very anxious to be honest." Uraraka added while playing with her hands nervously.

"Don't be! Everything's going to be fine." you grinned, trying to calm her down.

Who am I kidding? I'm about to cry myself to sleep from all the stress!

"I have a bad feeling about this." murmured Tsu.

You rested your head on your palm and let Uraraka play with your hair, keeping your gaze on the TV and watching whatever game the boys were playing while getting lost in your thoughts. Your eyes fell on Bakugou who seemed to look back at you seconds after, winking. You smiled and looked away, letting him focus on spending time with his friends this time instead of you.

"We should have a sleepover here!" Mineta exclaimed.

"In the living room?"

"I actually agree with this guy for once!" said Mina. "Bring pillows and blankets and lets chill here."

And by that, a while later you all gathered in the living area once again, only this time you brought pillows and blankets with you as well. You and Bakugou made sure that you were next to each other, as you had gotten used to each other's comfort now. Everyone layed down and let out a deep sigh.

"Ah shit, we forgot to close the lights." Kirishima grunted, covering his eyes with the back of his hand.

"Oh, yeah." Kaminari added.

"Well.. is anyone going to close them?" Mina asked.

Nobody stood up.

"Well, I guess we're sleeping with the lights on." Sero said.

"Guess so." you yawned.

"OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!"

Bakugou stood up while cursing at everyone and punched the light switch. You all laughed at his priceless attitude and then after some minutes, you fell asleep.

...

It was the next morning and you were all in UA, wearing your hero suits.

"Haven't worn this in a long time." you said, checking yourself out in the mirror.

"You look better than ever (y/n)! I'll have you help me with my training as soon as all this is over. Look at those muscles!" teased Uraraka while resting her hands on your waist.

"Fine by me." you chuckled.

After some time, you met with everyone outside UA and hopped on the bus. You sat next to Bakugou, resting your head on his shoulder. Everyone was rather quiet, something that made you feel uneasy.

Well it is understandable. Who knows what will happen..

Bakugou glanced at your hands which were busy playing with your hair, but decided not to say anything that would make you feel even more stressed.

"We're here." Aizawa said.

You took a deep sigh and stood up as soon as the bus stopped.

It is now or never. I'm a hero, I shouldn't be scared. Right?

You met with the other heroes outside and talked about the plan a bit further. Most of them were going to help defeat the High-End Nomus and the regular ones as well, whereas the others were going to help your class fight the rest of the villains.

Everyone ran to the tall abandoned building, including you. You gulped when your eyes fell on the Nomus and the villains who were standing in front of them. You were about to enter the building as planned, but Twice stood in your way.

"Not so fast, (y/n)!" he said while attacking you, the other villains spreading inside the building.

You two went on for some time, but then you decided to put and end to it so you took out your knife and cut the mask off his face, tearing it into multiple pieces so that he wouldn't be able to wear it again, cutting his shoulder afterwards and passing your blood inside him.

Panicking, he gripped his face with his hands and started screaming in pain, giving you the advantage of continuing forward and leave the rest to the heroes.

Okay one down.. that was easy..

You glanced at Bakugou, who had already entered the building.

Seems like he is going to be fine, I shouldn't worry about him, you thought.

"Look out!"

You covered yourself as soon as you heard her, but Uraraka managed to make the brick float before it touched your head. The building was so old that it was barely standing tall, bricks and tubes falling from the sides.

"Thank you, Uraraka!"

She gave you a thumbs up and hopped into the building with the rest of your classmates. You glanced at the top, your eyes landing on none other than Shigaraki. Before you finally entered as well, you turned to look at everyone one last time.

Your eyes met with Aizawa's, who were red from him using his quirk for too long. He gritted his teeth and gave you a small nod, you replying with a reassuring smile, your eyes softening as your heart ached.

Everything seemed like it was going in slow motion. The heroes fighting, the screams that the Nomus released, the gray clouds. Soon after, you ran through your friends and the other villains, making your way to the top of the building.

I'll kill you, Shigaraki.