Chapter 40

You finally made it to the top of the building, where you met with none other than Shigaraki, who seemed to be protecting a machine.

"You and those scumbags will always get in the way huh.."

"This ends here."

He scratched his neck forcefully and stared at the floor. You glanced outside, the heroes having defeated some of the Nomus already. The two High-End ones however were going to be tough to beat.

"I've never wanted to kill someone this badly." he bluntly said.

"Believe me, neither have I."

"Oh yeah? I thought heroes don't kill."

"It's an exception for me."

You raised your hands and pinned him to the wall, using your bending quirk. You put more force than usual, as you had a question in mind.

"What does that machine do?"

He laughed a bit before replying, but unfortunately, it wasn't the reply you were looking for.

"Piss off."

He grabbed your arm and made the specific area of the suit dissolve until his hand touched your once protected skin. He then managed to get some of the skin fall off your arm as well, making you clench your teeth due to the immense pain before backing off. You jumped and landed on your hands, spinning and successfully kicking the hand off his face, knowing that it would irritate him. He punched you in the stomach, a way of trying to get you away from him, but you managed to stay in your initial spot.

Impulsively, you ran to the machine and put your hand on top of it.

"Do it and we all die." he murmured, starting to scratch his skin repeatedly.

"What the hell is it!"

"Since you are so eager to know, I've hidden bombs in town. Here as well. If you dare do something stupid, like usual, they are going to explode as we speak."

"You freak!"

You two went on for a while, leaving you and him quite injured. You stayed away from each other for some seconds, trying to catch your breaths.

"You finally improved your quirks I see. Did little Eraser Head allow you to? I pitty you.. you can still join us, you know."

"Never."

You threw a hard punch right on his jaw, and then stabbed him deep in the stomach, passing as much of your blood inside him as possible. He screamed for a while, gripping his hair, whereas you stood tall watching him.

"If you want to kill me that badly then fucking do it! You want to take revenge for that old hag right?" he managed to say.

"Maybe. But I'm going to make you suffer first. Just like you did to her."

"I'm going to drive you insane." he whispered. "Just like last time."

"I already am." you answered while drying the blood off your lips.

He laughed, seeing memories of his childhood. You didn't know if you felt bad about him as you made him think of his tragic past, or if you just wanted to kill him that badly.

That's not what heroes do.. but they told us to go all out. He has caused a lot of trouble already.

You found yourself daydreaming for a while due to your quirk, still using it on your opponent, but then something caught your attention.

"We have killed all the regular Nomus! Two High-End remain! What's going on inside the building?!"

Midnight?

Unfortunately for you, Shigaraki had managed to come back to his usual self for a split second of time due to you getting destracted. That split second was all he needed though, he pinned you to the ground and forcefully put his hand on the left side of your waist, using his quirk on it. Your suit started dissolving and you let out screams of pain as his hand reached your skin once again.

Suddenly, the sound of the window shattering startled both you and Shigaraki. Bakugou jumped through it and landed on his feet.

"Get away from her. Now."

Shigaraki jumped off you and made his way to the machine, in fear of Bakugou's explosions. Bakugou on the other hand, layed your head on his thighs and took his mask off, pressing it on your wound. He looked back at Shigaraki and gritted his teeth while holding you strongly in his arms.

"We defeated one High-End Nomu, we caught the majority of the villains also. I felt like something was wrong, thank fucking god I made it in time." he whispered.

You glanced at his face and body, noticing that he was very injured himself, making your heart ache at the sight.

"Katsuki.. they have hidden bombs around town. In this building as well."

Bakugou glanced at the said machine, Shigaraki noticing that something was up. After some seconds, his eyes landed on your hands and noticed that your gloves were torn and not protecting them properly as they were exposing skin, so he slowly took them off.

"What are you doing?"

"Your hands are getting injured without your gloves protecting them, I bet it's harder for you to use your quirks now huh.." he murmured, your eyes softening.

He took his gloves off and carefully put your hands in them, tightening the straps near your wrists so that they wouldn't fall off due to the difference in your hand size.

"Katsuki, blast the shit out of that machine."

You quickly stood up and ran towards Shigaraki, immobilizing him with all your remaining strength, whereas Bakugou destroyed as much of the machine as possible. Shigaraki started laughing loudly, drawing your attention.

"Shut the hell up!" Bakugou shouted, clearly irritated.

"Good luck finding the bomb hidden in this building! I will take everyone from you, (y/n), your precious boyfriend with anger issues, Eraser Head, your friends. Just like I took that old hag."

Tears ran down your eyes from his words, you were reaching your limit. You glanced at Bakugou who kneeled down, coughing blood while gripping his suit. You then looked outside the window, noticing that most of the heroes were seriously injured and others risking their lives while fighting the remaining High-End Nomu.

Your wounds started hurting again, since you were slowly getting exhausted, and your hands trembled from using your bending quirk for such period of time. You put your one leg in front of you for greater support and pushed Shigaraki further into the wall, him struggling to breathe. You pressed your lips together and finally decided,

"Katsuki, listen to me carefully. Go outside and tell the heroes to locate the bombs that are in town. Then take the guys and help trap the Nomu inside the building. Leave the rest to me."

"Leave the rest to you? What the hell do you mean-"

"Please Katsuki! This is not the time.. I can't hold this piece of shit any longer so please.."

Blood started coming out of your mouth so he stood up with his remaining strength.

"Promise me that whatever you're thinking of doing, you're coming out of this building alive."

"I promise."

In the end, even heroes get scared. Right?